Author Topic: Happiness in Slovenia...  (Read 5501 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Happiness in Slovenia...
« on: August 27, 2019, 07:28:05 AM »
I worked for several months on a custom ordered Euro(Uber)BUSS for a client in Slovenia.  He wanted a piano black finish to go with his mbl's.  I have a friend here in Albuquerque that does amazing work when it comes to street rods, restorations, etc, and he painted it for me with catalyzed acrylic.

Then it got interesting.  I shipped it via USPS International Priority Mail.  USPS proceeded to lose the sucker and it was trucked around in the USA for over a month before all of my inquiries finally produced results and it was found... after going through US Customs TWO TIMES...  in NJ.  When I finally had it returned to me it was marked by DHL (the USPS international contract carrier) as being rejected for containing, or perhaps being, a battery.  Dumbasses.

When I got it back here I reached out to Pete @ TWL and he shipped it for me via FedEx.  It arrived today after 2 months in limbo.  My customer is ecstatic over its' initial sound out of the box.  Made me happy.

My real happiness in the entire ordeal is the effort put in on my behalf by Pete Grzybowski, Mr. TWL.  Friends like him are few and far between.

Thank you, Pete!   :thumb:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 07:30:25 AM by P.I. »
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Folsom

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Happiness in Slovenia...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 10:44:59 AM »
Very nice!

Wow. A battery?  :rofl:

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 12:18:01 PM »
  Such a battery indeed. Also like the spaceship. :lol: :)

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline dflee

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 12:24:38 PM »
Quite a looker.
You didn't realize it but you matched my piano Dave.
The mat black of the MajicBuss matches perfectly. Only thing is they aren't near each other.
The piano is also quite a bit older (1923).

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline Folsom

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 12:49:21 PM »
I think you should have taken some pictures and put it on your website as an option!

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 08:49:31 PM »
I think you should have taken some pictures and put it on your website as an option!
Pictures?  They will be on the new website  :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 11:11:48 AM »
It was all worth it.  After all of the problems with shipping and the kind intervention by Triode Pete things turned out well.  here are the relevant words from my customer in Slovenia.  I normally am not one to pat myself on the back in public, but this is the outcome every manufacturer wants and is absolutely why I do what I do when any sane person would just retire at my age.

"Dave hi,

How are you? I was in my seaside summer house for a week that’s why I didn’t have chance to listen to my system except for 3 days when Buss arrived.

So I am still in the beginning of this journey but my observations are already strong.
I can only say that no other component except the speakers brought such level of improvement in my system in my whole high end carrier. It is unbelievable what this little box can do. Level of improvement is astonishing. I was testing the system on good and bad recordings and tuner. It is very easy to notice that now even bad recordings have air, big stage, details, bass and heights. It’s like somebody brought new life in my music. Level of improvement listening to CD is huge but even on tuner it is quite big.
I have a lot of fun and I am enjoying  listening to music like never before.
Your Buss is fantastic and you can be very proud.

Dave, thank you again and I will keep informing you."

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 11:24:48 AM »

Dave, that Uber looks awesome!  But really... new website?   You've been talking about that forever.   Hope it happens.   Your Busses do not get nearly the awareness and recognition they deserve.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 11:37:38 AM »
   Let's put it this way. When the Bus arrives trip IS OVER. You can ride a more expensive Buss like PS Audio, Synergystic Research, Shunyata, Audience and get a prettier seat but NOT a better ride.  You will never retire thank God. Viva La Buss !!!

charles
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 11:39:52 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline dflee

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 01:35:09 PM »
Did you put some of the Digi majic (spelling,I know) in his Uber.
If not, he should't get off at this stop.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline toobluvr

• Certifiable
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 03:57:12 PM »
Really aggravating, but glad it ultimately worked out OK.

I have a similar Slovenia shipping horror story, but mine didn't have a happy ending.  A few years ago I shipped two tonearms back to Franc Kuzma for some work.  I also used USPS Global Priority, and put them both in the same box.  Once the package went international the tracking stopped.  It never got delivered.  I inquired at my local PO and they said without the tracking they could do nothing.

About $5k retail worth of tonearms gone.....vanished......disappeared into thin air.    :shock:

Sorry to lose that Stogi Reference, it's the best arm I've ever owned.  Other arm was the regular Stogi.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 03:59:35 PM by toobluvr »
Spkrs: Sunny Cable Tech, Reynaud, Zu, Klipsch, Gallo subs, Wharfedale
TT1: Townshend Rock 3/OL Silver Mk3A
TT2: OL Aurora/OL Encounter Mk3C
Carts: Soundsmith Zephyr,  Music Maker 3, Dynavector xx2-Mk2, Shelter 501
complete: see Sunnydaze system on AC

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 08:00:20 PM »

Dave, that Uber looks awesome!  But really... new website?   You've been talking about that forever.   Hope it happens.   Your Busses do not get nearly the awareness and recognition they deserve.
Yep, too true.  There are legit reasons why it hasn’t happened.  One of the complications has been including the acoustic treatments.  They really aren’t my business any longer.  Another has been deciding about my future.  No good having a great website and not being physically capable of handling increased sales volume.  Finding a helper/employee has proven to be a non-starter.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 08:02:49 PM »
Really aggravating, but glad it ultimately worked out OK.

I have a similar Slovenia shipping horror story, but mine didn't have a happy ending.  A few years ago I shipped two tonearms back to Franc Kuzma for some work.  I also used USPS Global Priority, and put them both in the same box.  Once the package went international the tracking stopped.  It never got delivered.  I inquired at my local PO and they said without the tracking they could do nothing.

About $5k retail worth of tonearms gone.....vanished......disappeared into thin air.    :shock:

Sorry to lose that Stogi Reference, it's the best arm I've ever owned.  Other arm was the regular Stogi.
USPS is a joke.  Trying to get reimbursed by them is impossible.  They are a crapshoot at best when shipping internationally.

Offline Guy 13

• Audio should be simple !
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2019, 08:19:49 PM »
Hi all.
A few weeks ago I had a bad experience with FedEx.
I made a mistake on the address, instead of 11,832 I wrote 11,831.
Minds you, the phone number was correct.
But my relative never received the order.
He went next door(s) but of course they never got it (Liars ? ? ? )
FedEx told me that the drivers don't call to verify an address if cannot deliver,
they just return the goods to the warehouse, then to the supplier,
but the goods were never returned.
Lucky me, the supplier gave me a credit
and I re-order, and that time, it was deliver to the right address
because, this time, I wrote the correct addess.
The order was only 45 USD not several thousands...

Guy 13
Grace Digital Mondo RIT
Cambridge Mini sub 2.1
Schiit Fulla 2 DAC
Schiit SYS PCC
Sony Passive Bookshelf speakers
Lot more stuff on storage
prior to moving back to Canada.

Offline mresseguie

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2019, 11:55:54 PM »

Yep, too true.  There are legit reasons why it hasn’t happened.  One of the complications has been including the acoustic treatments.  They really aren’t my business any longer.  Another has been deciding about my future.  No good having a great website and not being physically capable of handling increased sales volume.  Finding a helper/employee has proven to be a non-starter.

Well, ahem, if you'd move to the Willamette Valley, there's a guy who once thought about offering to apprentice under your tutelage. He wouldn't want to work full-time, and he tends to take long vacations to Taiwan.....just saying....and I recall you've considered moving to Oregon.....so....well....you know.... :thumb:
Daedalus Audio Apollos; Fritz Loudspeakers LS/5-R
SW1X NOS DAC III BAL/SPL; Holo Spring3 KTE
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Don Sachs dual mono 300b; Nuprime Evolution STA
Hapa loom
PI Audio UberBUSS, DigiBUSS, Uber-MiniBUS