Author Topic: Acoustic Revive RR-77 - anyone try this??  (Read 12027 times)

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Acoustic Revive RR-77 - anyone try this??
« on: September 24, 2008, 06:25:37 PM »
I recently received a flyer from audionut.com raving a bit about the Acoustic Revive RR-77 so thought I'd do a bit of digging.    There's a review of it here:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/acousticrevive/rr77.html

and it seems it got a good bit of traffic on the boards back in the spring of this year.   From what I read,  the RR-77 generates a 7.83Hz Schumann frequency pulse that 'shields' your HiFi electronics and listening room from radio frequency interference with apparently clear sonics benefits.   The more I dug into 'Shumann Resonance', the more I found that generators of this frequence have also been applied for general health and well being.

Has anyone checked this out?   Just curious...

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Acoustic Revive RR-77 - anyone try this??
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 07:00:17 PM »
In all my years of being a freaky new age nut, I have seen this concept come and go. I used to wear a watch that claimed to shroud my body in this frequency to protect against ELF radiation being broadcast by USSR towards the US. 

I actually saw the Acoustic Revive RR-77 in use at the NC dealer where I auditioned the H-Cat amplifier, and from whom I bought the Feastrex drivers. He is out there, choosing to represent products that are on the fringe. But they all sound great and he is a swell guy.  I asked about it hanging off one of his speakers, but he didn't know I used to be a new age freak so he was embarassed to explain it in detail.

We did not turn it on and off to see what it does, the system was not revealing enough for me to hear much of anything. But he is adjusted to the system and claims it works well, as one would expect.

I have experienced other Acoustic Revive products though. Like the CD demagnetizer and some other CD treatment device. The two of them treated my RMAF demo disk (CD-R) and I heard a definite before and after improvement. Joe Cohen of The Lotus Group is the Acoustic Revive importer and is a good friend of mine. He is a straight shooter and I trust him not to sell ripoffs.  The products are designed in Japan (I think)and are geared toward open minded audiophiles.

The power strip they make, with case machined from solid aluminum block and insides filled with tourmaline dust is supposed to be fantastic, again, according to the local dealer. But fantastic is different for everybody. Not sure how it would compare to power conditioners based on known physics. But I allow that we know a small fraction of what nature is and concede that enlightened people can pull magic in without understanding it themselves. I have no problem with not understanding how it works, if it works better than what it costs.  The CD treatment machines were surprisingly inexpensive considering the improvement they gave. I couldn't beleive the low price.  But I know that the tourmaline (crushed gemstone powder) power strip is not so cheap.

The Lotus Group will exhibit in two rooms at RMAF again this year. They are playing a Feastrex 9" field coil driver in bass reflex box, powered by H-Cat electronics and all Joe's other lines like wires and accessories. Their room was a highlight of the show for me last year. Mr. Teramoto, the designer and builder of Feastrex drivers will be attending again this year, with the company's president in tow this time.  The Acoustic Revive president did attend CES last year, not sure if he will come to RMAF or not. I will ask Joe about the RR-77 atom smashing time warp device and let you know. ;) Maybe they can do a demo?
Rich

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 05:00:30 AM »
While I'm not really a new age kinda guy, I do believe that living & working in environments packed full of 24/7 electronic gear, working 8-10 hours a day just inches from a computer, etc.... may have far greater affect on our state of well being than we think (either that, I just need to find better meds ;-).

Let me know if you do find out any more about it at RMAF.   Wish I could be there...

miklorsmith

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 07:23:25 AM »
I have one.  To me it seems to have a bit of a calming influence on the room rather than the "sound".  They recommend trying it different places around the room but it's supposed to be a minimum of 5 feet off the ground too.  I only have one such place so there it goes. 

It's not a dramatic thing in my room which is pretty well treated.  I do have to look up to see if it's turned on.  Considering what it does, I'd expect different people will have differing experiences with it.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 08:10:21 AM »
Ha.... what I need is something that can induce a calming effect on me.    Rich I did see most of those posts which got me a bit intrigued.    There's an EarthSafe unit a good bit cheaper...

http://www.lessemf.com/schumann.html

that was also discussed at 6 moons: http://6moons.com/audioreviews/schumann2/revisited.html

Mike, how long have you been using the RR-77?   Do you leave it on 24/7?    While my interest is on its potential sonic benefits, I'm equally fascinated on many of the claims of overall improved well-being.   Sleep better?  Feel better?  Think smarter?   Find attractive women hitting on you more?   They may simply need a better marketing strategy. :rofl:

miklorsmith

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 08:54:57 AM »
Mike, how long have you been using the RR-77?   Do you leave it on 24/7?    While my interest is on its potential sonic benefits, I'm equally fascinated on many of the claims of overall improved well-being.   Sleep better?  Feel better?  Think smarter?   Find attractive women hitting on you more?   They may simply need a better marketing strategy. :rofl:

Nice!  I think and talk real good now, I've grown 3 inches and you know the ladies appreciate that.   ;) 

I got it a few months back.  It's in the sound room, so can't comment on "general wellbeing" or better sleeping.  I sleep like a rock anyway.

I haven't commented much on it because it's a subtle effect and could well be placebo.  The thing isn't terribly expensive but on a pounds per dollar basis it's probably the worst deal in all of audio.  I say I trust my ears and I do but I'm also careful about presenting views to others.  Based on my own experience I can't say "this is a great deal" and I also wouldn't advise against trying it.  I know, worthless advice but there it is.

It definitely seems to do something, and I do leave it on almost all the time when listening.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:21:20 AM by miklorsmith »

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 09:12:16 AM »
Growing 3"!  :shock:  Isn't that bordering on religion?  I mean, she's yelling 'Oh God!'

er...  nevermind
;)

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

miklorsmith

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 09:21:49 AM »
Quick on the uptake ye arrrr.