Author Topic: Ribs are on the smoker...  (Read 1945 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Ribs are on the smoker...
« on: July 04, 2021, 12:38:54 PM »
Edit:  the OldTimers is getting worse. I looked at this twice before I realized I forgot the salt and pepper!

220 degrees
Apple chips
Cook to 175, foil rap, let them set for an hour off of the heat.  Back on the smoker and cook to 200 degrees.

Rub:
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup pink Himalayan salt
1/4 cup paprika (a combination of smoked and Hungarian)
1/4 cup Chimayo red chili powder
3 tbl freshly ground black pepper
2 tbl. garlic powder
2 tbl onion powder
1 tbl finely ground Greek oregano
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp dry mustard

1 case of a good hard apple cider to mist the ribs every 30 minutes or after consuming 1 bottle... rinse and repeat!

:thumb:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 05:38:59 PM by P.I. »
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline mresseguie

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Ribs are on the smoker...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 12:53:41 PM »
For those folks who have never had the honor of being Dave's dinner guests, THIS MAN KNOWS HOW TO GRILL MEAT!  :drool: :bbq

I'm pretty certain Melody and I didn't get to enjoy this particular flavor, but I'll never forget how delicious my steak was that evening.

Thank you, Dave!

Happy Fourth!
Daedalus Audio Apollos; Fritz Loudspeakers LS/5-R
SW1X NOS DAC III BAL/SPL; Holo Spring3 KTE
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Don Sachs dual mono 300b; Nuprime Evolution STA
Hapa loom
PI Audio UberBUSS, DigiBUSS, Uber-MiniBUS

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 02:19:43 PM »
I think the last step might be the most important.  8)

As I often tell people, I like to cook with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food.  :D
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 02:27:43 PM »
For those folks who have never had the honor of being Dave's dinner guests, THIS MAN KNOWS HOW TO GRILL MEAT!  :drool: :bbq

I'm pretty certain Melody and I didn't get to enjoy this particular flavor, but I'll never forget how delicious my steak was that evening.

Thank you, Dave!

Happy Fourth!
Thank you, Michael.  It was a pleasure to share animal with you and Melody! :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 02:28:49 PM »

I think the last step might be the most important.  8)

As I often tell people, I like to cook with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food.  :D
:beer:

Offline dflee

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 06:34:16 PM »
Your killin me Dave. Your just killin me.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 07:07:32 PM »
Your killin me Dave. Your just killin me.

Don
:p
Bwaha!

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 08:40:45 PM »

Thank you, Dave!

Happy Fourth!

Hey Michael,
Happy 4th! 🎇 Thanks for making me drool in so. Utah 😞   I’ve got to figure out a way to get an invitation over to Dave’s for some of his delicious cookin’!!
Nick

Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2021, 10:03:17 PM »

Thank you, Dave!

Happy Fourth!

Hey Michael,
Happy 4th! 🎇 Thanks for making me drool in so. Utah 😞   I’ve got to figure out a way to get an invitation over to Dave’s for some of his delicious cookin’!!
Nick
We are booked all the way out until next weekend.  C'mon. 😎

Offline mresseguie

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2021, 10:10:31 PM »

Thank you, Dave!

Happy Fourth!

Hey Michael,
Nick

Hi, Nick.

Southern Utah is a mighty big space. However, even if you live in Cedar City <for example> you could arrive in just nine hours. That's plenty of time to work up an appetite. 
 :thumb: All kidding aside, how is your water situation? I keep reading about how parched it is there.
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Hapa loom

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2021, 10:39:32 PM »

Thank you, Dave!

Happy Fourth!

Hey Michael,
Nick
We are booked all the way out until next weekend.  C'mon. 😎

Dave,

One of these days I’d love to visit. I have never been in NM and yes, I know, I need to get out more 😊
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2021, 10:53:08 PM »

Thank you, Dave!

Happy Fourth!

Hey Michael,
Nick

Hi, Nick.

Southern Utah is a mighty big space. However, even if you live in Cedar City <for example> you could arrive in just nine hours. That's plenty of time to work up an appetite. 
 :thumb: All kidding aside, how is your water situation? I keep reading about how parched it is there.

Hi Michael,

I’m in St George. Cedar City is 45 minutes north of me. We have at least one member on AN who lives there and at least one on AC iirc who has multiple incredible systems. Forgot his handle, though.

The water situation is ok and no restrictions have been imposed. I don’t think there is enough emphasis at all on proper water management and the city I live in doesn’t set a proper example as to that as well as loose zoning rules. We do have an efficient reservoir system with construction of another set to begin soon.

Nick
PS  I’ve been reading your comments about the SW1X… must be one heck of a dac  :thumb:
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2021, 11:50:46 AM »
One of these days I’d love to visit. I have never been in NM and yes, I know, I need to get out more 😊
We all do!  See you someday!

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2021, 12:24:50 PM »
  I smell Ribs.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mresseguie

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2021, 01:58:38 PM »

Thank you, Dave!

Happy Fourth!

Hey Michael,
Nick

Hi, Nick.

Hi Michael,

I’m in St George. Cedar City is 45 minutes north of me. We have at least one member on AN who lives there and at least one on AC iirc who has multiple incredible systems. Forgot his handle, though.

The water situation is ok and no restrictions have been imposed. I don’t think there is enough emphasis at all on proper water management and the city I live in doesn’t set a proper example as to that as well as loose zoning rules. We do have an efficient reservoir system with construction of another set to begin soon.

Nick
PS  I’ve been reading your comments about the SW1X… must be one heck of a dac  :thumb:

That's fortunate that the water situation is okay. I've been seeing an awful lot of bad news about low reservoir levels and multi-year droughts.

Regarding my SW1X DAC....After last Fall's upgrade, it's really excellent. Slawa, decided to make it his standard Level III DAC because he likes its sound so much. More people are catching onto SW1X DACs, but many of them don't post to forums. Several of them have sent me PMs on AC to tell me how much they love the DAC III that just arrived. 

I've got 2 pairs of Hapa Audio ICs arriving this week.

Famous last words: "I think I may be done with upgrading my audio gear."
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Hapa loom