Music Ward > Live Shows

Chick Corea, Christian McBride and Brian Blade trio

(1/3) > >>

malloy:
Finally saw Chick Corea's latest acoustic trio last night.

Amazing stuff. They did a fun Q&A session for about 40 minutes before the show. No pictures during the actual music, but I got close to see the instruments after!

They played some Ellington, Monk, and even a jazzed-up version of Stevie Wonder's Pastime Paradise! I guess the sound I heard was partly amplified, part direct. I was seated in row T, but the sound was still amazing.

Guy 13:

WOW ! That's someting I would like to experience.
Nothing like live music.

Guy 13

Nick B:

--- Quote from: malloy on October 03, 2019, 10:43:12 PM ---Finally saw Chick Corea's latest acoustic trio last night.

Amazing stuff. They did a fun Q&A session for about 40 minutes before the show. No pictures during the actual music, but I got close to see the instruments after!

They played some Ellington, Monk, and even a jazzed-up version of Stevie Wonder's Pastime Paradise! I guess the sound I heard was partly amplified, part direct. I was seated in row T, but the sound was still amazing.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for posting. It’s been a long time since I’ve attended a concert. I’ve heard of Chick Corea, but
had not listened to his music. Just did a search on YouTube and will search on Tidal as well.

P.I.:
What a great trio!  They are all masters of their instruments. 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

malloy:

--- Quote from: Guy 13 on October 03, 2019, 11:16:35 PM ---
WOW ! That's someting I would like to experience.
Nothing like live music.

Guy 13

--- End quote ---

Yup! Amazing performance and sound, of course. The only problem was going back home to my humble hi-fi. It sounds nothing like what I heard!

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version