Author Topic: Grover Huffman Cables Group Buy - Round 2  (Read 81584 times)

Bigfish8

Re: Grover Huffman Cables Group Buy - Round 2
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2007, 06:48:37 PM »
I sense a speaker cable shoot-out in the making and hope to be in attendance! :D

Ken

AcidJazz

« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2007, 08:40:08 PM »
Wow...I have been soooo busy, I almost forgot about the group buy...no worries in the interum.  Now that I am thinking about it, can hardly wait for my cables to arrive.
 :-k

Offline bobrex

• Seeking Help
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2007, 11:31:19 AM »
Okay, color me confused.  I thought Grover switched to a white tech flex for the newest cables?

Any chance the the SCs could do a demo tour?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2007, 11:35:41 AM »
"Back in Black!"    Actually it is a very nice looking graphite, or carbon fiber kinda color, not pure black. It looks really cool.

SCs-anything's possible!  8)

indelibo

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2007, 04:47:03 PM »
Do you mean that these are a bit lighter in color than the previous black models?

Offline richidoo

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »
I don't think I ever saw Grover's previous black wrapped ICs, only the white wrap with black or white shrink. But these aren't pure black, they are more translucent looking, more expensive looking than plain shiny black nylon techflex. They are like a dark gray, or graphite color. It doesn't show as well in that picture. The SCs are plain black, different color than the ICs.

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2007, 07:12:01 PM »
Grovers in da house! They arrived today in good shape. A set of SCs too. Very nice. I noticed something today when I looked over the new dark color flex. I always wondered how Grover printed the logo on the shrink wrap. He doesn't, each is hand signed.  8)

I have enough boxes, will get started tomorrow. There's about 20 packages so it may take a day or two.
Man,they are really beautiful looking  8)
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

AcidJazz

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2007, 07:28:41 PM »
I prefer the darker color anyway...the white would get dirty looking pretty quick.
I do hope the RCA connectors are more sturdy than the demo model..those looked like they would not hold up after some 25 plug-in and outs.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2007, 11:56:35 PM »
I do hope the RCA connectors are more sturdy than the demo model..those looked like they would not hold up after some 25 plug-in and outs.
Martin.....why would you be plugging and unplugging "after some 25" times ?

jrebman

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2007, 05:34:14 AM »
Looks like I'm going to have to wait before tearing down my system as I really want to hear these with the new setup.  There's still now way I'm going to have the amp fully broken in by the time the grovers arrive, but what the hey, there'll be a new pair of Reality SCs on the way next week too, and I do have a pre-cooked quad of Valve Art KT-88s I can throw in the amp that will give me a slightly better idea of the final voicing (maybe?).

The graphite will blend in with the rest of the setup too -- much more so than the white.

Looking forward to this!

-- Jim

Offline richidoo

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2007, 06:48:30 AM »
My aim is to mail them all out on Monday after kids return to school from 3 week vacation. I have some boxed now but kids and company are slowing me down.

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2007, 01:46:12 PM »
My aim is to mail them all out on Monday after kids return to school from 3 week vacation. I have some boxed now but kids and company are slowing me down.
Kids and company can be so insensitive! :rofl:
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2007, 06:39:38 PM »
So I'm curious... since Grover is known for continuous quality improvement, is the only difference between these and the last all-white ICs the color or are there other changes/improvements?   Can't wait to hear them!

Offline richidoo

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2007, 07:12:24 PM »
Grover said they are a big improvement over last rev. 

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2007, 08:10:21 PM »
Grover said they are a big improvement over last rev. 

So the White "S" is now out of date?  :duh