Author Topic: The Musical Box  (Read 1871 times)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
The Musical Box
« on: February 08, 2010, 06:05:25 AM »
Saw The Musical Box this past Saturday with my 17 year old daughter for her birthday. Yup, she's an old Genesis fan and that's what this band does best ... recreate the original Genesis shows. They were featuring the Trick of the Tail album, but also played quite a few other gems. My daughter was actually crying for the entire Suppers Ready song, because that's her favorite song and she never thought she would get to hear it live.

I got a big hug after the show with an exclaimation "that's the best birthday gift ever". I guess I hit it right this time 'round.  :thumb:
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
Re: The Musical Box
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »
The first time I saw them (The Musical Box) was in NYC about 3 years ago. I think it was the "Selling England by the Pound" tour, with the frontman doing Gabriel at his finest... costumes and all!!! :clap:

Got to see them again, at Westbury last Spring (2009) for the same "Trick of the Tail" tour as you just saw.  Incredible show!  One of the guys that played drums and sang actually looked like Phil Collins! :shock:  Would've loved to see them again this past Saturday, but had family commitments.  Besides, I rather save my $$$ for their next tour and different music.

Friends of mine made fun of me paying that much $$$ to go see a "cover band", but they don't know what they're talking about!  The "TOTT" show was only the second time that I've seen these guys, but I would say it's worth every penny to go. :D

SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L