Author Topic: Western Electric NOS Powercord  (Read 16572 times)

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
Re: Western Electric NOS Powercord
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 02:51:46 PM »
Pete,
Can you make me one for the 24th rave?

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 12:18:42 PM »
The WE PCS are SICK SICK I tell you! I had mine burned in by Pete, Rollo did he burn yours previous? Now Im deciding whether I have the perfect balance, because I have different PCs on my amps, or I should go WE everywhere!
EVERYWHERE!!!! You hear me!!!!

Since Charles' PC's were not terminated at the IEC end, I could not burn his in...Sorry, Charlie...

No problema amigo . It is still changing everyday for the better. Waiting for Alan Maher to return to buy some loose crystals to install in the plugs. Also will be experimenting with ERS paper. Ferrite beads so far have ZERO affect, go figure.

My reference cord has been te Omega Mikro active for quite some time. The WE cord has DETHRONED the Omega which is IMO was quite a feat. At $200 for a 2 meter length with Oyaide copper IEC and plug, OH MY !! by ALL means try these out.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 12:27:55 PM »
The WE PCS are SICK SICK I tell you! I had mine burned in by Pete, Rollo did he burn yours previous? Now Im deciding whether I have the perfect balance, because I have different PCs on my amps, or I should go WE everywhere!
EVERYWHERE!!!! You hear me!!!!

Balance is everything as you know. But but but the WE cords just may change your mind. The nervosa is perking so jump in and find out.  :thumb:

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 06:13:52 PM »
Pete,
Can you make me one for the 24th rave?

Mike

Mike,
I will make you one but currently way too busy with work & the 4 kids in sports to have one ready by the 24th rave (+ I want to burn it in for you). If you want to listen, Emil has one of my cords with copper terminations.

Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »
Ferrite beads so far have ZERO affect, go figure.

Remember, ferrite beads function as a low pass filter that impedes the transmission of high frequency trash over whatever cord they are placed around. If there is something about the materials and cable geometry of this WE cord that either already blocks high frequency signals and/or prevents the picking up of airborne noise (RF) then there would be little or nothing for the beads to block resulting in no audible change when you add them.

Tom
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 09:02:41 AM »
OK broken in with 250 hours. Man did this cord change during the process. Still changing but now for the good. i will admit there was a period between 50 and 200 hours that I was ready to take a hammer to the sucker. Hard as hard could be and a bit thin and bright. KILLERs all of them. But my patience prevailed.
  Now ready to rumble. In two words "GAME CHANGING" If you like openness, clarity, tone, and balls to the floor bass try one. Cymbals sound like cymbals how unique. Metallic hit then shimmer and decay and I mean decay to nothingness [ is that a word ?]. Sibilance a thing of the past. yeah still there in some recordings but in a much more natural way. meaning it does not highlight the sibilance, just makes it purdy.  Anyway, using them in my amps. tonight I will reverse the cords, meaning the front end cords will go on the amps and visa versa. Then the original Consonance 6GA cords will go back as well after the reversal for comparison. The WE cord IMO is as neutral as you can get. Ones gear before this cord better have is act together or you will hear their deficiencies big time. It is NOT the cord it is the gear IMO.
   Richadoo I be live this cord is for you as it will reveal all in a VG way. You gets what you put in. Is it a cord for everyone. NO nothing is, but worth a try especially for the price. KA BOOM for the buck Ka Boomski.

charles

Offline richidoo

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 09:50:01 AM »
 :drool:

I'm using a captive mouser PC in Sol's i60 now, with no desire for more. Van Alstine would be proud!

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 10:00:19 AM »

I'm using a captive mouser PC in Sol's i60 now, with no desire for more. Van Alstine would be proud!

Argha ! Oh yes the mighty one would love you. Cool.

charles

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 11:34:52 AM »

I'm using a captive mouser PC in Sol's i60 now, with no desire for more.

Except, of course, some nice music toi listen to.  :thumb:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables