Author Topic: I was the guy that sent some ML1's ages ago.  (Read 3313 times)

Offline bhobba

• Obsessively Audiophilic
I was the guy that sent some ML1's ages ago.
« on: September 09, 2023, 04:20:40 AM »
Hi All

I posted more frequently before COVID-19.   Since then, I have been taking a low profile. 

This is just to let everyone know I am OK.   The guy who made the ML1s, Mike, is transitioning into retirement but is building one last speaker, this time with the Seas Magnesium.

I have been mucking around a lot with Tidal lately.   My main finding is if you stream the music as I do, the plain vanilla Tidal app sounds best to me, which is good because Audirvarna has bit the dust.

A few sent me a message, so I wanted to let everyone know I am OK.

Added later:

Whoops - made a mistake - he already built the magnesium.   The one last speaker is with the Seas exotic.

Thanks
Bill
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 06:24:56 PM by bhobba »

Offline ejk

• Did I say no dropouts ?
Re: I was the guy that sent some ML1's ages ago.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 08:42:34 AM »
Bill. I will post just this once. I sent you a PM

Adios Amigos

https://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=3216.0
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 10:31:50 AM by ejk »
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2023, 10:01:29 AM »
Hi All

I posted more frequently before COVID-19.   Since then, I have been taking a low profile. 

This is just to let everyone know I am OK.   The guy who made the ML1s, Mike, is transitioning into retirement but is building one last speaker, this time with the Seas Magnesium.

I have been mucking around a lot with Tidal lately.   My main finding is if you stream the music as I do, the plain vanilla Tidal app sounds best to me, which is good because Audirvarna has bit the dust.

Thanks
Bill

Thanks for checking in Bill and glad you're doing well. I use Tidal and Qobuz and control everything with Roon. It sounds pretty good to me. Am getting away from physical media, even though some will say CDs sound better

Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2023, 11:59:25 AM »
Hi All

Thanks
Bill

Thanks for checking in Bill and glad you're doing well. I use Tidal and Qobuz and control everything with Roon. It sounds pretty good to me. Am getting away from physical media, even though some will say CDs sound better

Nick

CDs sound better...   :rofl:

I had to...
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2023, 03:58:52 PM »
Hi All

Thanks
Bill

Nick

I had to...

My ears may not disagree, but when I'm planted in the easy chair using the remote...😄 :thumb:
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline bhobba

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2023, 05:08:44 PM »
My ears may not disagree, but when I'm planted in the easy chair using the remote...😄 :thumb:

You are preaching to the converted.

Thanks
Bill

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2023, 06:30:10 PM »
Hi All

Thanks
Bill

Nick

I had to...

With my back in the shape it is, me too!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 06:35:47 PM by P.I. »
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline steve

• Audiologist
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2023, 12:23:36 PM »
Hi All

Thanks
Bill

Nick

I had to...

And a beer or glass of wine?

---------------

Glad you are doing ok Bill, and all the best with your new speaker.

cheers

steve
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 12:37:44 PM by steve »
Steve Sammet (Owner, Electron Eng, SAS Audio Labs, Ret)
SAS "V" 39pf/m 6N copper ICs,
SAS Test Phono Stage
Acutex 320 STR Mov Iron Cart
SAS 11A Perfect Tube Preamp
SAS 25 W Ref Triode/UL Monoblocks
2 way Floor Standing Test Speakers