Systemic Development > Amplification and Preamplification

Eastern Electric Minimax

(1/3) > >>

Nick B:

--- Quote from: Bill O'Connell on August 06, 2007, 06:41:31 PM ---After reading Nick's comments on using the Black Sands Silver MkV on the power supply to the Squeezebox I had to go downstairs and check where the heck I had the Mk V in my system. Hooked the Mk V to my Bolder Cable modded to the max powersupply. Holy Moley !!!  :drool:   Stunning, the best my digital has ever sounded.   Thank you John!

--- End quote ---

Hello Bill
Glad you are getting much improved sound. BTW, I have heard nothing but good reports regarding about the EE products
Nick

mdconnelly:

--- Quote from: Nick B on August 06, 2007, 06:59:38 PM ---... BTW, I have heard nothing but good reports regarding about the EE products

--- End quote ---

Yes!   I'm using Bill's EE Minimax Phono pre.   It sounded great out of the box, but coupled with a bit of tube changes, about 100 hours of burnin, and a Black Sand Silver Ref and it is exceptional.    I've now gotta try the Black Sand on my SB3 power supply (which most likely means I'm in need of yet another BS PC ;-)

jrebman:
Yes, Bill's EE products sound great, are built like tanks (stylish ones), and truly outstanding values.

I currently have a Minimax pre with mods and NOS tubes and it is absolutely wonderful.  Phono stage is next.

-- Jim

mdconnelly:

--- Quote from: jrebman on August 07, 2007, 03:34:20 PM ---I currently have a Minimax pre with mods and NOS tubes and it is absolutely wonderful.  Phono stage is next.

--- End quote ---

Jim, who modded your Minimax pre?   

jrebman:
They are the mods that Bill offers directly to customers and are done by an engineer that Bill contracts with so you have to talk to him to arrange them.  I'm not even sure exactly what they are but involve some changes to the power supply, upgraded caps, some wiring changes and other things that allow for the use of a 12FQ7 in the buffer position, plus I had the gain on mine cut to 9 dB so it works nicely with the Signature 70 amps.

-- Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version