Systemic Development > Tubes

Treating Mullard gold tube pins

(1/1)

henrylr:
Just got my NOS Mullard CV2493 KQDD/K tubes and am ready to install them in my Audible Illusions M3A. Would it be a good idea to brush some Deoxit D-series D100L on the gold pins prior to installation?
Thanks

tmazz:
Clean is always good, but D100 is a heavy duty cleaner that might be more than you need of new gold plated pins.

I clean on a regular basis and usually use the Deoxit  G series (formerly call ProGold)  https://caig.com/deoxit-gold-g-series/

From the Deoxit web site:
"DeoxIT® D-Series is a general purpose cleaner, for all metal surfaces with oxidation and corrosion. If there is a discoloration of the metal (visual signs of oxidation/corrosion) – it is considered oxidized. Use DeoxIT® D-Series to dissolve contamination, improve the connection as well as lubricate and protect the surface.

For reference, DeoxIT® has approximately 20% cleaning action.

NOTE: For plated surfaces (gold and other precious metals) or severe environments refer to the DeoxIT® Gold G-Series and DeoxIT® Shield S-Series, respectively."

rollo:
 I would clean sockets with Deoxit product. For pins same Just make sure all dry before turning on.

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version