Systemic Development > Tubes

Recommendation for 6922/e88cc Tube for Phono Preamp

(1/4) > >>

shadowlight:
In the market for 6922/e88cc tubes for phono preamp.

6n23p-ev, Tesla e88CC gold pin, Brimar/Mullard cv2492 are some of the ones that I am considering.  Are there any new tubes to look for?  Also, any of the newer tubes from EH/Genelax etc worth trying? 

S Clark:
There are always a ton of 6922 tubes out there. For low noise, I've used Philips/Sylvania JAN. They used to be cheap, still reasonable.  Probably a set of 5 you back $80-100.   
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234020401105?hash=item367cb3efd1:g:MRoAAOSwOtRgc3p1

If you are looking for NOS, what about the Russians?  Both tone and noise are really quite nice.  6N1P or 6N23P Voskhods or Reflector.  My late friend Gary Dodd preferred them to the EH he had been using in his phono pre. 

How many do you need?  I might be able to let you try some out of my stock of extras.

jbtrio:
Hey Dee,
 The Tesla E88cc gold pins are nice tubes for not so much money. I'm using them in my phonostage after my Amperex SQ tubes started getting noisy. They are very quite and have a nice tonal balance.

rollo:

--- Quote from: jbtrio on May 29, 2021, 08:07:59 AM ---Hey Dee,
 The Tesla E88cc gold pins are nice tubes for not so much money. I'm using them in my phonostage after my Amperex SQ tubes started getting noisy. They are very quite and have a nice tonal balance.

--- End quote ---

Good to know Joe. My Mullards gold pins are beginning to show some age. Good to see you posting. How are ya Man ??

charles

jbtrio:
Everything is good Charles, thx for asking!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version