Music Ward > Music Discussion

NIN - Ghosts I-IV

(1/1)

ik632:
Just ordered it. You get the download of the whole album in Flac for $5 or for $10 plus shipping you get the whole thing on CD with fancy covers and artwork. I'll download when I get home and let you guys know what I think of the album.

Carlman:
FINALLY someone's selling FLAC albums... I didn't get the mp3 thing... Those should be free or at least cost the same ratio as the compression... If a .wav is $1, the mp3 should be about 3 cents.

-C

ik632:
Well, the download has all kinds of cool stuff in it. It has wallpapers, pdf info about NIN, and of course the flac music. The cool part is that when you load it into SC it shows a different image for each flac file but one unified picture for the whole album. Pretty nice.

The best part was downloading the music:

Read the description for flac carefully.

ik632:
As far as the music goes here it is:

Disc 1:
Starts off slow and mellow, good dinner music?
Then it gets into some older sounding NIN but without any of the screaming and thrashing around. Still mellow enough for company.
Next, the songs get to sound familiar, but different enough that you can't put your finger on them. There are snippets from other songs but just enough to be gone before you know it was there.
There are quite a few fast then slow bits which would play very technical on a good system. I listened on my headphones, computer speakers and 2.1 system and it sounded different for all of them.
I think one of the parts I like the most is the use of the piano (or synthesized piano).

Disc 2 to follow, listening to it next.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version