The Market > Classified Ads

Stillpoints Apertures

(1/4) > >>

Folsom:
I have 4 of these. They were painted black and could use a touch up but otherwise in good overall condition. Not sure what to do with them other than sell.

GDHAL:
Is this what you have?

https://www.musicdirect.com/equipment/room-treatment/stillpoints-aperture-ii-acoustic-panel/

Are they really that expensive?

Folsom:
Yes but I don't know how to tell if they're I or II. Either way they are better than typical treatments by a lot. The patent is expensive so, so are they.

GDHAL:

--- Quote from: Folsom on July 24, 2023, 08:41:01 PM ---Yes but I don't know how to tell if they're I or II. Either way they are better than typical treatments by a lot. The patent is expensive so, so are they.

--- End quote ---

Fair enough. Upon googling, I couldn't find anything regarding the product NRC rating. I'm curious in that I already have room treatments that I purchased from GIK Acoustics. They have specifications listed all over the place. I always like to compare manufacturer specifications. Anyway, thanks for confirming. As to their being model I or II, I could only find information about the II. If I were to guess I would have to say if you've owned them for more than a decade or so their likely model I. If you purchased them new relatively recently then model II. I'll attempt to do some more homework...

Thank you.  :)

EDIT: So it would appear based on the description https://www.stillpoints.us/product/aperture-ii-cherry-black/ that this is a high-quality product and "better" than what GIK offers. These apertures contain a third component -  a resonator - which my panels do not have. Apparently, that acts to change the products characteristics (in a good way) based on the frequencies decibel level. Kewl!  8)

I intend to call the company later and ask some questions...I'll report back.

Folsom:
Based on the patent they should reduce standing waves much more significantly than GIK panels in the bass - mid band (which the GIKs basically don't do). Above that they may be similar or a bit less absorptive of some of the much higher frequencies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version