Systemic Development > Speakers

Technology and Miscellaneous Changes - New Website

(1/3) > >>

GDHAL:
For folks on this site who do not know, I was/am the first **customer** (not dealer) on planet Earth to take delivery of the GoldenEar Triton Reference speaker(s).

I'm providing some "private" info at this time to my phriends, here on this site.  :thumb:

First, GoldenEar has an upgraded website, rolled out last night. https://goldenear.com/

There are some known "bugs" that are being worked on. The forum shall return too.

T66+ Sits between the 2+ and 1R. New technology from Audioquest regarding crossovers and wiring shall eventually (months - years?) make it's way into the entire line.

This is aLL I'm at liberty to disclose at the moment.

Best.

Hal

S Clark:
Does anyone else here have these speakers? 
When looking for independent reviews, there seem to be some issues with brightness. 

Nick B:

--- Quote from: GDHAL on April 14, 2023, 10:19:44 AM ---For folks on this site who do not know, I was/am the first **customer** (not dealer) on planet Earth to take delivery of the GoldenEar Triton Reference speaker(s).

I'm providing some "private" info at this time to my phriends, here on this site.  :thumb:

First, GoldenEar has an upgraded website, rolled out last night. https://goldenear.com/

There are some known "bugs" that are being worked on. The forum shall return too.

T66+ Sits between the 2+ and 1R. New technology from Audioquest regarding crossovers and wiring shall eventually (months - years?) make it's way into the entire line.

This is aLL I'm at liberty to disclose at the moment.

Best.

Hal

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that. It’s been quite a while since I’ve looked at the GE products. You’ve had these how long? How many hours do you have on them?

GDHAL:

--- Quote from: S Clark on April 14, 2023, 08:07:26 PM ---Does anyone else here have these speakers? 
When looking for independent reviews, there seem to be some issues with brightness.

--- End quote ---

Hi Scott.

Well , I wouldn't know if anybody else here on this forum has "these speakers" and in fact I wouldn't know which model speaker you're referring to.

If you're referring to the newest model t66, nobody has them yet.

If you're referring to other GoldenEar model speakers, the higher end triton towers in particular, I can tell you that for any one review you find that has to do with anything negative, (brightness, or something else) they'll be many more reviews that have everything positive to say/write.

Speaking/writing from my personal experience, having owned both the Triton One for a number of years, and now the Triton Reference for what will soon be 6 years, that in no way whatsoever are they bright. In fact, and in my opinion, they are, as the Grateful Dead (Bob Weir in particular) would say " exactly perfect". If anything, perhaps (and the thought had crossed my mind) they could stand for a super tweeter!

In my lifetime I must have heard, and seen, between personal involvement with people (audio club members and non audiophiles) as well as one dealer showroom in particular (audio breakthroughs right here in Manhasset Long Island they've been in business more than 30 years) and perhaps as little as four or five audio shows, that the GoldenEar Triton Reference just cannot be bested for anywhere near the amount of money that they sell for. Again , I'll reiterate that is just my opinion. But, I happen to know that's the opinion of many, many , other folks who own them as well.  8)

Yes , a treated room goes a long way and I happen to be fortunate to have that too. I invite anybody , at virtually anytime,  to come to my place for a demo. I'm in zip 11520.

It's my belief you would be blown away. It could be literally as my system can attain well over 100 DB and you'll be holding your ears. Or it could be figuratively, as in the quality of the sound that you hear. And that would be especially true if we're talking about the Grateful Dead.

No other system that I've heard can reproduce a live recording of the Grateful Dead, both audio and video mind you, as accurately as mine can.

Again, I'll reiterate that this is strictly my opinion.

Can the rest of the GoldenEar line compete, and with other types of music. Absolutely. And this becomes even more apparent once you consider the price to value ratio. Add to that the outstanding, let me repeat that word, outstanding, customer support one receives. As in, even after your warranty expires, you can still get free of charge parts and labor service, depending on the issue and circumstances.

Happy listening.

Best.

Hal

GDHAL:

--- Quote from: Nick B on April 14, 2023, 08:44:03 PM ---Thanks for that. It’s been quite a while since I’ve looked at the GE products. You’ve had these how long? How many hours do you have on them?

--- End quote ---

You're welcome, Nick.  :)

I had the Triton One for a few years, then traded up to the Triton Reference, Was the first customer (in no way am I affiliated with any audio dealership or GoldenEar) in the U.S (and in fact global) to take delivery on the pair. My review is here:
http://halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm

Today, the TRefs MSRP has increased 40% since the time I purchased them! I just can't imagine why  :lol: :rofl:

For me to part with them, despite their being 6 years old, I would want/need >$15K just to think about it.

Best.

Hal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version