The Market > Dealer Ads

Merason Frerot DAC

<< < (3/3)

rollo:
  OK verdict in. After 750 hours it is fully broken in. As a dedicated 44.1 player, no DSD, NO MQA, NO up sampling or over sampling it is a harmonic wonder. So easy to listen to. Great tonality, decay of harmonics off the charts. USB supports 24/192 when available.

charles

Nick B:

--- Quote from: rollo on April 14, 2021, 12:48:23 PM ---  OK verdict in. After 750 hours it is fully broken in. As a dedicated 44.1 player, no DSD, NO MQA, NO up sampling or over sampling it is a harmonic wonder. So easy to listen to. Great tonality, decay of harmonics off the charts. USB supports 24/192 when available.

charles

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the report, Charles. Great that you allow so may hours for each component to sound it’s best  :thumb:

rollo:

--- Quote from: scoobyscrappy on March 28, 2021, 01:04:17 PM ---I have about 30 hours on the Merason Frerot and it sounds musical.  I cannot fairly compare it to my ancient Squeezebox 3 DAC.  I was looking for a DAC with some punch because it will frontend my ANK K1 300b amp and Charney Audio Maestro speakers.  I was looking at the SW1X 2 DAC but did not want another large device and the Merason Frerot was smaller and less expensive.  I made the right choice so I am letting the DAC burn in before I add a RP4 for the source.

--- End quote ---

Welcome. Good choice. It only gets better with break-in. Paired with the Innuos Zen Mini and out board power supply a clear winner..Enjoy !!

charles

rollo:

--- Quote from: James Edward on March 29, 2021, 05:47:42 PM ---Love the Voxativ driver sound. At RMAF, there is a vendor that sets up in the main lobby, and plays piano music through his Voxativ based speakers. It ALWAYS sounded like I was walking by a live piano player. Great stuff. Welcome aboard Scooby.

--- End quote ---

Nothing like single driver speakers IMHO. My other preference a two way design.

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version