Music Ward > Music Discussion

What's your preferred music genre?

(1/4) > >>

WEEZ:
I grew up listening to jazz and classical (dad played records all the time).

The genre that gets the most play at my house is blues; jazz; and 'fusion'. It all started when I heard Paul Butterfield; Michael Bloomfield; Corky Siegal; et al. Chicago style :)

WEEZ

richidoo:
I grew up listening to bebop, almost to the exclusion of anything else. I got saturated and disillusioned when it all tanked in late 1980s when the masters started dying and the new cats breathed a sigh of relief. Free at last to torment the public with tonal relativism.

Now I like Russian classical symphonic composers, old hard bop recordings , old bebop bigband recordings, talk radio, rosie o'donnell on the view, and new jazz recordings - in that order  :wink: hehe

I guess I play a lot of Beethoven (Carl -> :roll: ) since my 4yo girl can sing 9th symphony without the record. Might be time for intervention soon.

bpape:
Jazz/Blues, 60's/70's 'protest rock', strange things (zappa, tubes, etc.)

Bryan

Bunky:
I like a wide variety of music, Jazz , Hard Rock,Progressive Rock, anything acoustic based from Michael Hedges to the Dixie Chicks to the Man in Black. Frank Zappa was a Rare Genius as a composer and he was an amazing Guitar player as well. Tori Amos, Kate Bush and similar artists are also among my favorites.

rosconey:
forced to listen to country as a child-and it was totally legal :twisted:

at night when the pig farmers were sleeping i would turn on my little transistor radio and listen to w o l f  my cousin worked at the station so i would listen to her-she is the reason that devil music/rock and roll  is now in my soul :shock:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version