Music Ward > Music Discussion

Hard Rock, good and hard

(1/2) > >>

Carlman:
The Flaming Lips, the W.A.N.D.  that's some really hardcore goodness... That first guitar just sends an electric charge right down my spine.
The Who's 'Won't get fooled again' or even better, 'Behind Blue Eyes'... oh man, when it turns into a rock song, I have no choice but to sing along with the same 'ferver'. ha.
Thin Lizzy's 'Jailbreak' gets me highly motivated...
There are more current and varied things that I like too.. 'Bone Machine' by the Pixies has a killer bass line...
I'm not sure what all these songs have in common but I love the emotional impact and 'FUCKYEAH' reaction I get to it.

If I listened to all the songs listed above, back to back it'd be like a cocaine rush.  In fact, I guess this is my form of crack... Thinking about some of the other sappy, non-committed crap I listen to makes me want to punch myself, Fight-Club-style. ;) 

Do you know of any hard rockers that really get YOU into it?  What's the hook you hear that really makes you turn into the rocker down deep?  I need some more songs like these... I need more crack!  I don't want these to lose their impact...

bpape:
Montrose - about half of the entire first album - especially Bad Motor Scooter, Space Station #5 and Rock Candy  (This is the album that usually goes on toward the end of our GAS meetings after the beer and Single Malt have been generously flowing.  Funny as hell to listen to this on Lowthers with 300B amps  :rofl: )

Tommy Bolin - Post Toasties

Bryan

Carlman:
Tommy Bolin.. good stuff... found a few samples using Amazon's snippets... BTW, those samples have gotten much better quality lately.

mgalusha:

--- Quote from: bpape on June 10, 2008, 07:02:49 AM ---Montrose - about half of the entire first album - especially Bad Motor Scooter, Space Station #5 and Rock Candy  (This is the album that usually goes on toward the end of our GAS meetings after the beer and Single Malt have been generously flowing.  Funny as hell to listen to this on Lowthers with 300B amps  :rofl: )

--- End quote ---

Now that was a good album, wish I still had it. Sold this will all my vinyl during my first marriage.  :duh :duh

Saw Montrose in the '70's when this came out, sadly I don't remember all of it, just that it was a great show. Hmm, too many shows in the 70's and 80's that I don't remember real well.  :roll:

Same era that was good and hard, at least to my teenage brain was UFO. A little "Rock Bottom" or "Let It Roll". A fun mix with a fast car. :)

bpape:
Yup.  What's scary is that all of those guys never played all that stuff before they came to the studio.  Rumor has it 2 of the songs were done during the session and the whole thing was done in 2 days.  Not bad for one of the classics.

UFO can definitely rock too.

One of my other 'turns me into a rocking singer' bands is The Tubes - though they're not really hard rock.

Bryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version