Author Topic: Grover Huffman Cables Group Buy - Round 2  (Read 81604 times)

Offline dangerbird

• Certifiable
Re: Grover Huffman Cables Group Buy - Round 2
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2007, 05:10:16 PM »
You guys are funny!!  :D  I will ask him to update the ETA.
Rich

Don't rush him,, at least when it comes to mine,,I want him to be relaxed,focused,with no pressure or distractions.  :D :D

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2007, 05:57:41 AM »
Shep, thank God you're back. We need some help over here.  People waiting "patiently" for their Grover cables. Do you have some sage advice?
Rich

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2007, 05:59:19 AM »
 I am waiting patiently for my two 1M pairs of Grover S IC's. i am sure that from what i have gathered from comments from folks who have auditioned them that it will be well worth the wait. thanks....WCW III
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline richidoo

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2007, 10:42:47 AM »
Heard back from Grover just now. He anticipates completing and shipping the order by end of next week, about the same amount of time that the last order required. Let's give some leeway for the realities of life and call it two weeks to be safe. He is postponing his annual vacation to complete our order, so I thanked him for all of us. I guess I better order up some boxes!?!
Rich

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2007, 05:23:22 PM »
He is postponing his annual vacation to complete our order, so I thanked him for all of us.
Rich
Many thanks to Grover, you, et al. The update and sacrifices are much appreciated, sometimes it seems that doesn't happen very often in this world in which we live.
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2007, 10:57:38 PM »
Hey Rich
My SP Tech 2.1's are shipping this week. You have all the boxes collected and ready to go for the Grovers??
Nick
PS   thanks for doing all this!
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline richidoo

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2007, 07:08:09 AM »
Congrats Nick!  You're gonna have some fun with those! I hope to get to hear Ken's soon.

shep

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2007, 12:33:17 PM »
"Shep, thank God you're back. We need some help over here.  People waiting "patiently" for their Grover cables. Do you have some sage advice?
Rich"
Are you kidding??? I'm the one who burned out his cdp! What advice? I only had them in place for about 50hrs before my disaster struck. I think the operative word is patience...I don't need to bring up a sensitive topic but the term "Nervosa" is frought with meaning! You are not exactly talking to mr. patience or sage here you know...

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2007, 02:28:35 PM »
"Shep, thank God you're back. We need some help over here.  People waiting "patiently" for their Grover cables. Do you have some sage advice?
Rich"
Are you kidding??? I'm the one who burned out his cdp! What advice? I only had them in place for about 50hrs before my disaster struck. I think the operative word is patience...I don't need to bring up a sensitive topic but the term "Nervosa" is frought with meaning! You are not exactly talking to mr. patience or sage here you know...
Want to talk about patience, cruise Dr. Xin's headphone forum...there are waits, and then there are waits. The current delivery time scenario for the group buy ICs is well within normal limits, IMO.
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis

LKdog

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2007, 07:59:47 AM »
Any info on the cables?
Thanks.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2007, 03:31:10 PM »
Nope. :) Sorry.

I'm hoping they will arrive soon, maybe with speaker wire in the package for our speaker wire G2G on 25th.
Rich

EDIT! 2 seconds after I posted this, rec'd email from Grover. They are arriving at my house tomorrow.  :D
YAY!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:51:17 PM by richidoo »

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2007, 04:48:22 PM »
Outstanding!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 04:50:02 PM by Bunky »
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

LKdog

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2007, 09:00:40 PM »
Nope. :) Sorry.

I'm hoping they will arrive soon, maybe with speaker wire in the package for our speaker wire G2G on 25th.
Rich

EDIT! 2 seconds after I posted this, rec'd email from Grover. They are arriving at my house tomorrow.  :D
YAY!

Cool. Look forward to giving them a try in my setup.
Thanks.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2007, 12:11:09 AM »
Thanks, Rich. Hope you are prepped with lots of boxes and packing    tape.  :D
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline richidoo

« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2007, 04:32:11 PM »
Grovers in da house! They arrived today in good shape. A set of SCs too. Very nice. I noticed something today when I looked over the new dark color flex. I always wondered how Grover printed the logo on the shrink wrap. He doesn't, each is hand signed.  8)

I have enough boxes, will get started tomorrow. There's about 20 packages so it may take a day or two.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 06:26:09 PM by richidoo »