Author Topic: RTR recording from Qobuz streamer  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Brap

• Obsessively Audiophilic
RTR recording from Qobuz streamer
« on: February 04, 2020, 02:37:31 PM »
Just for grins, I put a new tape in the Teac 3340S and recorded some hi-res Qobuz and played back. Interesting results. The Fritzies sure get more exercise and I'm able to mess around with soundstage a bit with the output levels. Just screwing around while golf was on before Superbowl.  Anyone else try this?
Fritz Carrera 7 Be
VTA ST-70
Parasound Halo P5
Oppo 105
Rega P3
Ortofon Quintet Bronze
Cambridge CXN streamer
Teac 3340S
Anticables 3.1
Masterbuilt reference/Kimber Cable IC

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: RTR recording from Qobuz streamer
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 09:06:17 PM »
No, but it sounds like great fun. Our family had a reel to reel, but that was when I was a little kiddo. I work my Fritzies as much as possible 😀😀
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Brap

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 06:31:11 AM »
Nick, a great soundstage track is "I will survive" by Petra Magoni Musica Nuda.  This will give them nice exercise and really assure you of speaker placement!
Fritz Carrera 7 Be
VTA ST-70
Parasound Halo P5
Oppo 105
Rega P3
Ortofon Quintet Bronze
Cambridge CXN streamer
Teac 3340S
Anticables 3.1

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 08:31:10 AM »
Nick, a great soundstage track is "I will survive" by Petra Magoni Musica Nuda.  This will give them nice exercise and really assure you of speaker placement!

Hi Brad,
I just found her album on Roon. Will check it out tonight. I’m pretty close with speaker placement. Even toying with the idea of a couple of very simple room treatments. Your name came up when I was talking with Fritz recently. Super nice guy
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Brap

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 08:42:10 AM »
Nick -- yeah Fritz is great! I have 2A3, OTL and ST-70 amps and have been giving him feedback.  Thus far ST-70 is my fav. You probably saw but I used the Nordst systems solution 2 CD's to "tune" my set-up. Like you, outside of some room treatments, I feel I'm 90% there.  Great tool to have. From what I found, that track provides some good front to back vocal imaging. Also there are a few cello notes that made the BE's shine and me smile!  Enjoy and look forward to your impressions.
Fritz Carrera 7 Be
VTA ST-70
Parasound Halo P5
Oppo 105
Rega P3
Ortofon Quintet Bronze
Cambridge CXN streamer
Teac 3340S
Anticables 3.1

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 10:25:28 PM »
Nick -- yeah Fritz is great! I have 2A3, OTL and ST-70 amps and have been giving him feedback.  Thus far ST-70 is my fav. You probably saw but I used the Nordst systems solution 2 CD's to "tune" my set-up. Like you, outside of some room treatments, I feel I'm 90% there.  Great tool to have. From what I found, that track provides some good front to back vocal imaging. Also there are a few cello notes that made the BE's shine and me smile!  Enjoy and look forward to your impressions.

I’m listening to the album tonight. As I’m not a musician, I was doing a web search and guessing the instrument on that track was a double bass. Yeah, the Fritzies do a very nice job.
I am ordering a few power cords ..should have done that today ..and wondering how that will change the presentation. I’ll use this album on the new cords. I currently have three solid core copper power cables, a cheapie generic and a stranded. The four cables were handmade a few years ago by an audio buddy.

I’m jumping around to the different tracks. I got a chuckle on the “You’re the One I Want” track when they were strumming a little of the Adams Family theme song. A very nice track is Nessuno. Day Tripper is stunning. As to the Nordost discs, no, I wasn’t aware. They seem very useful. I’m listening to a test CD right now. May start a separate thread on that.
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Brap

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 06:53:05 AM »
Its a fun one to listen to.  Have you checked out Anti-Cables site?  I spoke with the owner about power cables after I have implemented his 3.1 speaker cables in my system -- they sound really good with the Carerra's, highly recommend for the price point but you probably have excellent speaker cables already.  His site has some good reviews on power cables.
Fritz Carrera 7 Be
VTA ST-70
Parasound Halo P5
Oppo 105
Rega P3
Ortofon Quintet Bronze
Cambridge CXN streamer
Teac 3340S
Anticables 3.1

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 09:23:51 AM »
Its a fun one to listen to.  Have you checked out Anti-Cables site?  I spoke with the owner about power cables after I have implemented his 3.1 speaker cables in my system -- they sound really good with the Carerra's, highly recommend for the price point but you probably have excellent speaker cables already.  His site has some good reviews on power cables.

I may have tried, or at least looked at, Anticables many years ago. I think they were a bit stiff. Right now, I’m going to try the Audio Envy cables. Good pricing and Charles has heard them and commented favorably. My current speaker wires are pretty good...a solid, braided copper wire configuration. Also made by my audio friend.
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS