Author Topic: Audio Envy cables  (Read 16540 times)

Online Folsom

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Audio Envy cables
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2019, 10:51:44 AM »
It could be the same parent company, contracted by different people.

Offline Maxima95

• Seeking Help
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2019, 01:38:22 PM »
Similarities for sure.

Ordered a set for a project.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2020, 09:47:06 PM »
The Audio Envy power cords are very, very good and are great for my budget. I have four in use right now and have just ordered another for the streamer power supply. These replace solid core copper power cords that were diy from a friend and unshielded. The sound is now more detailed, refined, with more air and improved tonality.
I am still using diy ICs, digital and speaker cables. It helps that my Border Patrol dac had a cap upgrade to Jupiters :)
I’m surprised at the level of improvement. Am looking forward to adding the rest of the AE cables 🎶🎶
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Jack

• Certifiable
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2020, 06:39:42 PM »
Congrats Nick, Cap makes some really good cables.  I enjoy all of mine.
JVC QL-Y7 w/ Denon DL-301 Mk II
Vista Phono II
Jays Audio CDT3 Mk III
Supratek Cabernet
Kinki Studio EX-B7's
Holo Audio May KTE
Auralic Aries G1
Verity Otello
(2) Rythmik F12SE
TWL PC's
Audio Envy IC, PC, SC
Inakustik USB, I2S
PSA Stellar P3
Uberbuss

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2020, 06:56:24 PM »
Thanks, Jack. I think it’s the combination of the latest version version of my UberBUSS and the Audio Envy cords
that has allowed my relatively inexpensive components to sound this good....with much more improvement likely to come  :thumb:
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2020, 12:21:14 PM »
I ordered a set of AE IC's more than 2 weeks ago. No delivery yet. Is this the normal waiting period?

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2020, 12:48:16 PM »
I ordered a set of AE IC's more than 2 weeks ago. No delivery yet. Is this the normal waiting period?

Hey rajacat,
Nice to have you post. As to the timeframe to get AE cables, yes he’s usually at least 2 weeks behind. Cap Payne makes great cables (especially for the money) and there are many positive comments on the web....see Audiogon also)
Be sure and allow time for break in. Iirc, I put 3 days on all the AE cables.
Nick
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 12:50:34 PM by Nick B »
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Jack

• Certifiable
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2020, 01:13:02 PM »
They are built when you place the order so expect at least a minimum of a week before you get a shipping notice it is a small operation. Plus Cap is not getting a lot of help from the USPS especially the distribution center in Denver.  I received a pair of balanced cables first of the week that had been in the Postal System for 12 days after they received them from him.  Most of the time was them sitting in Denver. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 01:14:49 PM by Jack »
Vista Phono II
Jays Audio CDT3 Mk III
Supratek Cabernet
Kinki Studio EX-B7's
Holo Audio May KTE
Auralic Aries G1
Verity Otello
(2) Rythmik F12SE
TWL PC's
Audio Envy IC, PC, SC
Inakustik USB, I2S
PSA Stellar P3
Uberbuss

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2020, 01:28:13 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize that Audio Envy was such a small company, one person? That's OK. Just getting antsy.  I recently received a new SET that took ~ two months for delivery after multiple delays. That builder has a very small operation too.

Offline Jack

• Certifiable
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2020, 01:46:14 PM »
I'm almost sure it's more than just him but last I talked to him a couple of months ago things had really picked up as the result of threads here, A'Gon and AC and he was trying to find more help. 
Vista Phono II
Jays Audio CDT3 Mk III
Supratek Cabernet
Kinki Studio EX-B7's
Holo Audio May KTE
Auralic Aries G1
Verity Otello
(2) Rythmik F12SE
TWL PC's
Audio Envy IC, PC, SC
Inakustik USB, I2S
PSA Stellar P3
Uberbuss

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2020, 06:56:20 PM »
Just received my AE RCA's. :) First inserted them between the Musical Paradise MPD2 Mk.3 and my DIY Tortuga passive. Wow! What a difference with just a little burn-in. Added a whole new flavor to the bass. They surpassed my Millersound JPS clones with ease. Next I shifted them to my 300B SET (Tube Fantasy) feed by the Tortuga. Again I'm blown away. These put the Blue Jeans :oops: to shame. Only about 6 hours on them presently. I may order two more pairs.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2020, 07:05:55 PM »
Just received my AE RCA's. :) First inserted them between the Musical Paradise MPD2 Mk.3 and my DIY Tortuga passive. Wow! What a difference with just a little burn-in. Added a whole new flavor to the bass. They surpassed my Millersound JPS clones with ease. Next I shifted them to my 300B SET (Tube Fantasy) feed by the Tortuga. Again I'm blown away. These put the Blue Jeans :oops: to shame. Only about 6 hours on them presently. I may order two more pairs.

Glad you’re pleased and they’ll get better. Each time I added a pair, there was improvement. The cables are also very light and flexible. Keep us posted as to further improvement and/or adding more  :thumb:
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2020, 07:36:30 PM »
So far, I like them between the DAC and the pre the most. I imagine that that's due to the pre being the distributor and in this case, has very little color of its own. It's like a dose of transparency being injected into the whole system.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2020, 10:49:13 AM »

No surprise about BJ cables. Horrible IMHO. If ya like the IC the speaker cable for the price is quite good.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2020, 11:09:46 AM »
Just ordered two more sets of IC's. :D Contemplating the SC's. With all my amps, it's an investment to replace all the PC's. I'll do this in stages so to see the various changes. I've always put cables on the back burner but now I'm a believer.