The Market > Manufacturer News

Slim Devices & Black Sand Cable

(1/2) > >>

Black Sand Cable:
I have just received word that Logitech has ditched their Canadian distributor and at the same time has also announced that web sales will no longer be allowed. To quote my current distributor:

"I have 30 days to clear my stock and after that point it will be up in the air as to if and when you guys will be able to get more stock.  It appears that you will have to "apply" to be an authorized Logitech reseller, and Web sales and such will not be allowed"

They appear to still want dealers, but they don't want dealers who sell via the web. In the internet age this would appear at the outset to be a step backwards or could be the first steps in getting Slim Device products into a Best Buy or some other big box store.  :duh Given Logitech’s love affair with box stores, I would tend to think that this is in fact the plan throughout North America but that is just me speculating.

To those of us who have invested time and money in our respective web-sites and who have also invested time and money into promoting Slim Device products, a big thumbs down goes out to Logitech!  :( :(

My advice to anyone, anywhere that has been thinking of getting either a SB3 or Transporter, would be to get it now before it goes mainstream. Once it does it only stands to reason that production methods will also change and I highly doubt they will get better but again that is just me speculating.

As a result of Logitech’s actions, Black Sand Cable will be dropping all Slim Device products in roughly 30 day's. I have no desire to play the Logitech corporate game that is sure to follow and I would prefer to spend my time partnering up with companies who want to deal with me and who are willing to work with me!

For the next 30 day’s I will be selling all of my existing stock at discounted prices:

SB3 - $269.00USD Plus Shipping
Transporter - $1799.00 Plus Shipping

To purchase at the above prices, please email me! Do not buy through the web-site.

The timing of this actually comes at a good time for Black Sand Cable as I have been looking at adding another line but adding something more specific to power and something that would compliment what it is I already do.

Details on this coming soon!  :D

bpape:
As an SB dealer, let me say that I think you got only part of the story.  I was told that I could do the SB online and without a storefront but not the Transporter.  More than that, I'm not allowed to carry the Transporter if I do any web sales.  Now, if I only want to carry the SB, it's not an issue - at least as far as i was told.

Bryan

Black Sand Cable:
Bryan,

Perhaps but keep in mind that I'm in Canada and maybe the plans that have been outlined for up here differ from what is in the works for the USA. I have however confirmed that changes are in fact coming down the pipe and that comes from somebody I know at Slim Devices directly. What they all entail is still up in the air but changes are coming.

I also don't trust Logitech as I know for a fact they told my current distributor that he was fine as a distributor and there would be no changes.....that was less than two months ago. No matter how you slice it up, they told him a bold face lie.  :shock:

Thanks.

bpape:
True - wasn't thinking about Canada.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Bryan

richidoo:
John,
Congrats on your decision. Will you continue to perform cryo treatments on customer units?

If anyone is considering buying a SB from John, spend the extra moolah to get it cryo dipped and  Pro Gold dipped. The improvement was not subtle when compared head to head with my stock unit. I have said this before but, the BSC modded squeezebox using the standard switching PS sounded noticably better (clearer, quieter background, more musically impacting) than my stock unit with a high quality Power-One linear powersupply. Moving the PS to the dipped unit gave an additional improvement. Good stuff!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version