Author Topic: AudioNervosa is raffling a new Slim Duet  (Read 53060 times)

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: AudioNervosa is raffling a new Slim Duet
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2008, 07:26:13 AM »
Good deal Bill.  As soon as I find out when I'll see my order, I'll get hold of you and get the shipping information.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

ik632

« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2008, 09:26:05 AM »
So when are we looking at a group buy for those of us who are losers  :duh

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2008, 09:57:35 AM »
 :rofl:

Yeah - guess I had better figure that out pretty soon.  I'll post something once I see what I can get from my distributor.

Bryan

ik632

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2008, 11:49:46 AM »
No huge rush for me, I actually could use the time to help butter my wife up to the idea of spending more money on new stuff to replace the existing stuff that works fine 8)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2008, 11:59:19 AM »
BillC congrats! You're gonna like it!! I hooked mine up last night and have been enjoying it today. It is nice not to squint. I will make a baby review and post elsewhere.
Rich

BillC

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2008, 10:19:25 PM »
Bryan,

Thank you !  When the time comes, PM me for any shipping info you might need.  I eagerly await taking the Duet components for a test drive.  I have been starting to set up one of my older computers as a music server, but its location in the basement is not optimal.  Now the problem seems to be solved by the magic of SB wireless.

Rich, I very much look forward to your comments, especially regarding setup and sound.  I have a few alternate amps and speakers, and I will be able to easily test it with all, given the small size.  I look forward to reporting my impressions.

This is such a cool new technology.  It has the potential to change the way one can be surrounded by music, and makes listening location much more flexible.

I am psyched.  Thank you, AN members, for the good wishes. 

Bill C

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2008, 04:27:35 AM »
My distributor is supposed to get his allocation on Thursday of this week. 

As for the group buy, I haven't gotten an answer yet as to the qty required to get any better price than my standard dealer cost.

Bryan

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2008, 05:24:11 PM »
Will the Duet remote work with SB3s?   (it's really talking to the server, not the receiver, right?).    I've got two SB3s but would love to get one of the new remotes.   Unless the new Duet receiver sounds noticibly better, I'll probably pass on that.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2008, 05:41:05 PM »
According to Logitech, yes it will.  You can run the new piece and SB's with it.  The separate pieces will be a little later releasing.  Not sure if this is the issue with the late release or not so hard to say at this point.

Bryan

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2008, 08:06:39 AM »
Yes it definitely works on all SB's.  I use it to control all of the SB's in my house currently.  You take control individually then you can do everything you normally could...

With the Duet receiver, you have to have a remote since there's no display.  BTW, I don't think it will sound better than the SB3 out of the box, stock vs. stock.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2008, 12:12:00 PM »
OK.  News update....

I just spoke with my rep.  According to him, Logitech is not yet shipping any of the final version of the players.  There are still some software issues.  The latest date for official release that he's been told is the end of next week. 

He says he's been getting 3-4 firmware updates DAILY for the 1 pre-release piece he has on his desk.  Will let you know more when I know more.

Obviously, that puts delivery of the raffle winner's piece out a bit and also puts out any group buy. 

Bryan

Offline richidoo

« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2008, 02:35:48 PM »
While I am sad to hear about the delay, I'm glad they are getting the ducks lined up before delivering new orders. Makes me think that eventually mine will work great, just like I hoped. I know it will, it's just startup pains.

Thanks for the update, Bryan.
Rcih

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2008, 02:37:48 PM »
I was wondering how you got a buggy one, Rich.. you must have gotten a pre-release version somehow.
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2008, 03:19:39 PM »
OK.  News update....

I just spoke with my rep.  According to him, Logitech is not yet shipping any of the final version of the players.  There are still some software issues.  The latest date for official release that he's been told is the end of next week. 

He says he's been getting 3-4 firmware updates DAILY for the 1 pre-release piece he has on his desk.  Will let you know more when I know more.

Obviously, that puts delivery of the raffle winner's piece out a bit and also puts out any group buy. 

Bryan
Getting a Microsoft feeling to things...
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis

Offline richidoo

« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2008, 04:07:38 PM »
Murphy's law. It makes me a stronger person.  :rofl:

They can't change hardware, so they will have to fix the software. With so many updates coming out now, I think they are working hard on it, with Logitech cracking the whip on the release date!! When it is working it is awesome.