Author Topic: NY Audio Show 2015  (Read 10323 times)

GT Audio Works

NY Audio Show 2015
« on: October 24, 2015, 05:22:46 AM »
Anyone going to the upcoming NY audio show at the Hilton Westchester ?

https://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow/2015

I will be there Friday and possibly Saturday.
Greg

Offline Putz

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: NY Audio Show 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 08:59:07 PM »
You going as an attendee or exhibiting your speakers?

GT Audio Works

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 09:20:15 PM »
You going as an attendee or exhibiting your speakers?
Just attending

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 01:35:17 AM »
not many exhibitors this year

they should sell half day passes
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 07:24:00 AM »
With  the ny show looking like a bomb perhaps they should sweeten the deal by having a raffle or including lunch with the price of admission .
I know people think there are too many shows but even rmaf was a bomb
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

GT Audio Works

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 07:31:19 AM »
With  the ny show looking like a bomb perhaps they should sweeten the deal by having a raffle or including lunch with the price of admission .
I know people think there are too many shows but even rmaf was a bomb
Times must be tough, they are not even offering complementary industry passes anymore, now $15 and only one.

Offline machinehead

• Affordable Web Design & Development
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 04:32:49 PM »
Wow. Are you sure its going to bomb... I went twice not sure if I will go this year.
Its cool ndude.

GT Audio Works

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 04:40:19 PM »
Wow. Are you sure its going to bomb... I went twice not sure if I will go this year.
Bomb or not its a day out. I'll be looking for you guys there.
Is Pete exhibiting ?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 04:43:16 PM by GT Audio Works »

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 05:18:18 AM »
Take a look at the exhibitor list, if there is something that interests you then go, they had a very hard time getting exhibitors, even with major discounts.
The Chester group is designed for profit, if they do not make money they won't do it again, so it really takes us to make it work, we have to attend.
But the fact that major audio manufs are not going is a sign. Perhaps they spent their budget at RMAF, but that was poorly attended by us!
So also, if manufs see us staying away, they will too.

I am not traveling to Colorado to listen to stereos, so I would wait for the NY show. RMAF was THE most popular show but I think it has suffered from the tough economic times we are in. In better times people were looser with their money but as we age I feel we are not so inclined to spend money on more audio gear, I have kids in high school, college coming, the older amongst us are retired or getting ready to retire(although BobM ain't old)!and they have gear and are not really looking to upgrade because the audio industry has made that upgrade so damn expensive, it is a cycle.
So we sit on what we have and make small moves with our gear, or none at all!  So the idea of going to a show when we are not looking to buy anything is not that appealing, it becomes a social event we attend to hang out with our friends. I know many people view RMAF as a social event. When manuf's realize people are not really buying, they figure it all out and do not show.  again a cycle..

So will the NY show bomb??who knows..it has in the past, most people thought last years NY show would bomb, but I thought it was pretty good, I know one year it was awful, everyone complained.

For me, I have other things I do on the weekends that have priority over listening to stereos, but in the past I always enjoyed the shows, for the same reasons they are failing, because they were social events, and we all love bullshitting with each other, so we walk out of the show with a bag full of brochures and flyers that we throw out the next day.

Offline machinehead

• Affordable Web Design & Development
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 06:52:25 AM »
To be honest Im pretty much done. Saving for the kids for college, and the fact that things aren't that affordable in our hobby. Still I still love to see the pretty designs and hear new stuff. Last I heard Pete was going to be in the show.
Its cool ndude.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 07:35:47 AM »
These days people share a room, with rooms going for $2000 or less for this show it becomes do able to share a room for a few hundred bucks and get some exposure.

You could pretty much tell the organizers how much you will give them, they are that desperate to get rooms filled. People haggle for everything, prices are not written in stone especially when you need vendors.
I always hear complaints that vendors sold nothing at shows, that people are there to kick tires.
I think not.....I think we go there for fun, we all know we are not really looking to buy something because most of us have two or three of every component already lying around.
The inexpensive stuff sells because it is affordable, but the expensive stuff is there just to look at.
How many Lamborghinis get sold because of the car show?  Really
Doing the shows is part of the business, you may not get sales but you get exposure, it is part of the expense of doing business.

Hopefully the NY show is a success, because these shows are a business, if they don't make money, they won't come back.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 09:20:45 AM »
Is Pete exhibiting ?

Still I still love to see the pretty designs and hear new stuff. Last I heard Pete was going to be in the show.

I'll be there with Volti Audio (Greg Roberts) & Vinnie Rossi with his LIO... I'll be debuting two new cables...

These days people share a room, with rooms going for $2000 or less for this show it becomes do able to share a room for a few hundred bucks and get some exposure.

Our small NYAS Room at the Westchester-Hilton was $3800... plus you need to figure in lodging, food, libations, etc... It gets expensive real fast!

RMAF costs a lot more than $2K a room as well... plus airfare, rental car, etc, etc...

Just saying,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline Hugh

• Angel City Audio
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 09:44:56 AM »
You can say that again. :)
Is Pete exhibiting ?

Still I still love to see the pretty designs and hear new stuff. Last I heard Pete was going to be in the show.

I'll be there with Volti Audio (Greg Roberts) & Vinnie Rossi with his LIO... I'll be debuting two new cables...

Our small NYAS Room at the Westchester-Hilton was $3800... plus you need to figure in lodging, food, libations, etc... It gets expensive real fast!

RMAF costs a lot more than $2K a room as well... plus airfare, rental car, etc, etc...

Just saying,
Pete
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio
Exclusive Melody US Distributor

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 10:28:33 AM »
Some of the brands & exhibitors at the NYAS '15...

https://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow/2015/brands-and-exhibitors
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 12:07:31 PM »
  Great show Pete. I agree not cheap s I know. Yeah baby we just reel it in. The toughest business I ever owned. My former business were the owner of an Architectural firm  Rollo Group as well as Five Star concrete, LCP Consulting and LCP Constr. Retired thank you. I have been around.
   Not heap to be in business.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.