Author Topic: THE NEW YORK SHOW  (Read 21924 times)

Vapor1

Re: THE NEW YORK SHOW
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2012, 05:52:25 PM »
Gotta say, I felt a bit vindicated reading poor impressions of the TAD's.  I've heard them a couple times now, and thought they sound ok to good ... certainly not stellar like most say after shows.  I've thought they lack refinement and the presentation sounds a bit strained.  And they present a wall of sound image, no ability at all to do pointpoint imaging. 

rblnr

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2012, 09:27:27 AM »
Glad a bunch of you liked The Clue.  As some of you know, I'm the Tri-State dealer for them and obviously think they're great speakers on an absolute level, and just killer at $1K. 

Hi to all I haven't seen for awhile, and btw, I'll likely host a rave later in the summer.

-- Bob Learner/Outreach A/V

btw II, I've been a huge Gradient fan for years -- not surprised at all at the comments I'm seeing here.

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2012, 09:46:38 AM »
Good to see you back Bob!
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

rblnr

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2012, 10:03:02 AM »
Thanks Barry.  Hope you're well and that we'll catch up sooner rather than later.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2012, 05:07:02 PM »
Glad a bunch of you liked The Clue.  As some of you know, I'm the Tri-State dealer for them and obviously think they're great speakers on an absolute level, and just killer at $1K. 

Hi to all I haven't seen for awhile, and btw, I'll likely host a rave later in the summer.

-- Bob Learner/Outreach A/V

btw II, I've been a huge Gradient fan for years -- not surprised at all at the comments I'm seeing here.

Bob,
The Clue was sounding real good last Friday night. Thanks for the bourbon as well!!! BobM liked the Margaritas too!

It would be great if you could join us for the next GTG, whether it be a Syndrome or Rave event!

Cheers  :beer:,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

rblnr

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2012, 06:26:03 AM »
Nice to see you Pete and glad you liked The Clue and the booze.  Those were guava margaritas BobM liked mixed by yours truly.

Would love to attend the next GTG -- hope it works out. 

-- Bob

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2012, 07:19:48 AM »
Everything in that room was yummy ... both the Margaritas and the sound. Thanks again Bob. I think if there was a center channel available those Clues might be finding a place in my livingroom TV home theater system.

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

rblnr

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2012, 11:21:41 AM »
Glad you liked all aspects of the room Bob :D

Emailed  you with some Clue details regarding HT, hope you don't mind. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:25:16 AM by rblnr »

Offline machinehead

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • Affordable Web Design & Development
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2012, 12:24:52 PM »
From Audiophilia.. the show was a while ago.. on why the TAD monitors sounded so bad:
http://www.audiophilia.com/wp/?p=7820

Continuing on, we made it to the TAD (Technical Audio Devices) room where the featured, well touted, two way, stand mounted speaker was on display with Viola electronics. After listening to several selections, Mike and I looked at each other in disbelief. The sound was awful, muddy lacking focus, depth and any three- dimensional quality at all. We called over to discreetly talk to the proprietor and informed him something was terribly wrong and after some careful investigation, it was discovered that a re-wiring had been done several hours prior to our arrival and somehow one channel was using a digital interconnect and the other an analogue interconnect. When the problem was corrected, the room came to life and it went from one of great disappointment to one of true musical excitement. They were extremely thankful for our pointing out that a problem existed and that the solution ended up being so simple and the result so dramatic. Just your Audiophilia staff helping out.
Its cool ndude.