Author Topic: 2012 Capitol Audiofest  (Read 44119 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
2012 Capitol Audiofest
« on: March 19, 2012, 08:29:36 AM »
   We are planning to be at the show to demonstrate our lines. Lenehan Audio, BSG Qol, Kuzma, PIAudio, Arion Hybrid class"D" Amps,  Pon-tunes, Arcicci,  Furutech, Miracle Audio, Triode Wire Labs and more.
    Plenty of cold Stellas, some pickings and of course a good time.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: 2012 Capitol Audiofest
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 08:46:10 AM »
Sounds great! I was on the fence about going again this year, but you might just push me over!

Which Lenahans will you have?

It's July 13-15.
http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:47:43 AM by richidoo »

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:48:37 AM »
There will be free 'chatchkies' for AN members, right?
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

lonewolfny42

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 08:34:37 PM »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 06:22:56 AM »
Sounds great! I was on the fence about going again this year, but you might just push me over!

Which Lenahans will you have?

It's July 13-15.
http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/

Richadoo we are showing the S2R. A new model designed for the US market. Retail will be $3500. We are bringing the ML-1R as well.

Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 06:40:46 AM »
That's great! I got the go-ahead from the old lady last night. If my van repairs go well then I'll be there. The show was pretty good last year, but there are more exhibitors this year that I want to see, like yours.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 06:45:36 AM »
GREAT !!!. Will finally get to meet you. Looking forward to that very much. We will be adding the Lenehan AMG Toppers, the Soundfield Monitors  and JPS Aluminata cabling to our room.
  Plenty of cold Stellas see ya there.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 05:58:28 AM »
Well were off to the show, hope to see some of ya there.

charles

Offline richidoo

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 06:05:00 AM »
charles

Drive safely Charles, Pete, whoever else is travelling with you!

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 10:56:05 AM »
Official T-Shirt of Capital Audiofest 2012
(sorry, I couldn't help myself)

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 01:46:21 PM »
Any other ANers going to CAF beside Charles, Pete, and Bill?

Bryan? Mike? Joe?  I know Shek isn't going this year.

I'll be there Saturday with my son. Looking forward to hearing Volti Vittora and their Feastrex speaker, Border Patrol 300B amps with their Living Voice speakers, Legacy, Lenahan speakers, Emia stuff, Daedalus/Carver/Purity, Classic Audio horns/atmasphere, Zu/Melody.  Oh and don't forget the Polk room!   :lol:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »

charles

Charles and Pete....

Good luck at your first "official" audio show....play some good tunes, and take some photos.  :beer:

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 06:28:21 AM »
Sorry - can't make this one.  I usually only get to do 2 shows a year.  RMAF is always one. The other is variable but we did AKFEST this year.

Have a great time.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 05:10:22 AM »
Any news on the show?
Any reports of how it went, attendance?
Were there any rooms worthy of not?

pictures?
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 06:50:47 AM »
The show was great! Me and my son went for one day, got back late last night. I have a lot of pictures to post, after I get my coffee!

Swap Meet Audio was the funnest room by far. Their sound was excellent, among the top 5 of the show. It was great to meet the guys and we had a lot of fun.

5 stars go to The Voice That Is (Tidal speakers and electronics) Border Patrol, Daedalus Audio, Sonist.

There was many full range drivers. They all had distorted and too loud treble, except the Volti Feastrex, which sounded pretty nice, but the host in there drove us out with fountain of BS. Emia had lowthers in huge 4 foot horns, it sounded balanced, full and rich, but it was unbearably loud, damn shame. I finally heard what the Legacy Whisper is all about, the most incredible detailed bass I've ever heard, playing a male blues singer with tuba accompaniment, all low frequency stuff at once, but the Whisper laid it out in a beautiful buffet, perfect tone, perfect articulation. Whisper and Focus still have the same problems with the ribbon midrange, but I was shown a secret development to improve that for RMAF. Revel Salon2 with BAT sounded clear, correct, unmusical. Highs too loud, bass port audible, huge and flashy, my son liked those. High Water Sound had a really nice demo, but the small paper exotic midrange driver had audible breakup and a hole between the midrange and bass. Cathedral Speakers and Philharmonic Audio speakers both sounded very good except for bass too loud.

The Lenahan speakers were impressive. They are very attractive, with leather wrap around metallic gloss paint. It was very detailed and extended both ways, but still musical and engaging. Pete set up the vinyl and was picking the tunes, so of course I expected nothing less! Sibilance was a bit exagerrated on everything. Previous Lenahans I've heard didn't do that so I suspect something upstream. I definitely want to hear these speakers again!  Thanks for the warm welcome and hospitality from all of the Swap Meet personnel. That's what makes someone want to buy hobby equipment. Swap Meet has a very bright future!