Author Topic: B&W Society of Sound  (Read 4870 times)

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
B&W Society of Sound
« on: September 03, 2010, 02:15:04 PM »
Some of you probably already know about this, but I just discovered it and it seems to be quite a sweet deal, so I thought that I would pass it along to my fellow AN'ers  :D.

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx?infid=3550

B&W Society of Sound full membership, 12 months for $59.95, you get one year of music downloads, as they are released. Plus, you can download all previous months albums...I count 35 albums currently. They offer three resolutions FLAC 24bit/48kHz, FLAC 16bit/44.1Khz, ALAC 16bit/44.1kHz.

There appears to be a nice variety of music, so there might be something that would strike most peoples fancy  :).

I'm in the process of downloading my 'stash' NOW!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: B&W Society of Sound
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
Yeah, some really nice sides in there. Are you gonna get them all?  aa

This one looks cool:

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 04:11:49 PM »
YUP! I signed up for a year...so I'm downloading all available  :thumb:!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 07:18:45 AM »
I recently renewed my first year subscription.  Definitely a great deal on some great music.  It's not all my cup of tea but most of it is.  My two favorites without a doubt are Charlie Winston's 'Passport' and Peter Gabriel's 'Scratch My Back'.   The LSO albums are also very good.  Actually, it's all excellent!  If you have a way to playback high-resolution music, there is no cheaper entry than via B&W Society of Sound.