Author Topic: High Fidelity Cables MC-0.5 - anyone try this?  (Read 3661 times)

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
High Fidelity Cables MC-0.5 - anyone try this?
« on: June 01, 2018, 11:05:05 AM »
I'm a long-time believer in the impact of electrical noise on audio sound quality.   Dave's UberBuss and DigiBuss work wonders on my system and certainly have me curious about his newest BetaBuss.    But there is also a ton of tweaks on the market (likely much of it crap) that make great claims.  And as with much of it, good reviews abound.     

A product I just read about is the High Fidelity Cables MC-0.5 Magnetic Wave Guide.  Not cheap ($300).  Like the old PS Audio noise harvesters and the like, it just plugs in an outlet - the more the merrier - and claims all sort of good stuff.   No doubt, a lot of it is marketing hype, but just curious if anyone here has used it.   Better yet, does anyone understand the science behind it? 

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: High Fidelity Cables MC-0.5 - anyone try this?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 11:41:13 AM »
I'm a long-time believer in the impact of electrical noise on audio sound quality.   Dave's UberBuss and DigiBuss work wonders on my system and certainly have me curious about his newest BetaBuss.    But there is also a ton of tweaks on the market (likely much of it crap) that make great claims.  And as with much of it, good reviews abound.     

A product I just read about is the High Fidelity Cables MC-0.5 Magnetic Wave Guide.  Not cheap ($300).  Like the old PS Audio noise harvesters and the like, it just plugs in an outlet - the more the merrier - and claims all sort of good stuff.   No doubt, a lot of it is marketing hype, but just curious if anyone here has used it.   Better yet, does anyone understand the science behind it?
Neodymium magnets and capacitors.  Magnetic propogation of electrical characteristics is a long known fact.  Look at the Supercollider.   :idea:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Online Folsom

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 07:42:03 PM »
I've never seen any information to conflict that once the magnets speed up electrons in a narrow stream, that they don't go right back to the same speed as without, once they leave the magnet.

Also haven't found a physicist that believes these make any sense. (High Fidelity Cables products)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 11:21:07 PM »
I've never seen any information to conflict that once the magnets speed up electrons in a narrow stream, that they don't go right back to the same speed as without, once they leave the magnet.

Also haven't found a physicist that believes these make any sense. (High Fidelity Cables products)
It is more than the wire:  http://ph.qmul.ac.uk/sites/default/files/CM_PHY108_Lecture14_dielectric_props.pdf

Control the dielectric to shape the transmission field.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 09:03:10 AM »
  WE can theorize all day long. Until one actually listens to its affect the conversation is moot. I believe JBNY uses these . His system sounded great.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.