Author Topic: Amp change  (Read 5199 times)

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
Amp change
« on: July 23, 2015, 06:11:03 PM »
Time for my 3rd amp in 5 years in the resurgence of my 2 channel obsession.

Started with a 20+ year old Bryston 4B that I sent back to Bryston to upgrade to ST status.

Then went to an old Hafler DH 220 with hot-rodded power supply. I liked the mosfet sound, but it was a let down from the Bryston for loud Rock and big symphonic pieces. I'd been trying to get 2 10" sealed subs integrated with it, but never got to a point I was happy, especially after my ex threw away most of my sound panels.

So this week i bought TMAZZ' Classe Twent Five, also around 20 years old.

And a TWL 7 power cord for it.

Subs be gone!
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Amp change
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 06:36:24 PM »
Classe is sweet!   :drool:   I love everything they make.

(Don't give up on those subs just yet.)  ;)

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:14:05 AM »
Not giving up, just putting them aside for awhile Rich.

The amount of traveling I've been doing has really picked up last few months, bouncing between a project on Long Island and one in Cali, so when I'm home I just want to listen to the music and not muck-around with the gear more than I have to. 8)
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 07:15:44 AM »
  Had the Classe DR 25 for quite some time. They powered Maggie 3A's with ease and grace.
   The best match was with Mirage M-3si and M-1si speakers. The Classe has a rich character but not lacking in dynamics or bass.
    Enjoy, if you decide that you may want to try a new speaker then Mirage and Snell are the ones to listen too. ENJOY !!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.