Author Topic: Push Pull or Single Ended ?  (Read 10915 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Push Pull or Single Ended ?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 10:58:07 AM »
  No I have not heard them to date. Was always curious to hear the GR line. Von Ss are a solid design. My fav the VR 6.
   I own two push pull AR amps the Classic 60 and DR250 Mk2 servo.  The Classic 60 needs a new home.  The DR 250 is for my Maggie 3AsAfter chasing " THE" sound [ for me] for over 30 years the SET high effieceint speaker combo works out just fine.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline steve

• Audiologist
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
 No I have not heard them to date. Was always curious to hear the GR line. Von Ss are a solid design. My fav the VR 6.
   I own two push pull AR amps the Classic 60 and DR250 Mk2 servo.  The Classic 60 needs a new home.  The DR 250 is for my Maggie 3AsAfter chasing " THE" sound [ for me] for over 30 years the SET high effieceint speaker combo works out just fine.

charles

I was somewhat amazed at how well the AV-3s performed from GR, at such a reasonable price. I am really liking the transmission line design from both manufacturers.

Glad to hear your SET speaker combo is working great.

This is the first time I have been able to hear Albert's design (except at CES some years ago) and he seems to be doing some nice things. The 33's have more bass and lower extension than the older 3's, and tight, but of course depends upon how far they are from the wall.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 12:44:50 PM by steve »
Steve Sammet (Owner, Electron Eng, SAS Audio Labs, Ret)
SAS "V" 39pf/m 6N copper ICs,
SAS Test Phono Stage
Acutex 320 STR Mov Iron Cart
SAS 11A Perfect Tube Preamp
SAS 25 W Ref Triode/UL Monoblocks
2 way Floor Standing Test Speakers

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 07:36:49 AM »
Steve I got a chance to look at your web site. The prices are fair. Your philosophy makes sense and the warranty/guarantee is more than fair. Especially ine year on the tubes. Seven years for the preamp.
   Do you have any customers in NY that we might have a listen. We would love to feature your designs at one of our club meetings. Very interested. Thinking of an amp change that uses current production tubes correctly. It appears you have accomplished that.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline steve

• Audiologist
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 08:26:44 PM »
Steve I got a chance to look at your web site. The prices are fair. Your philosophy makes sense and the warranty/guarantee is more than fair. Especially ine year on the tubes. Seven years for the preamp.
   Do you have any customers in NY that we might have a listen. We would love to feature your designs at one of our club meetings. Very interested. Thinking of an amp change that uses current production tubes correctly. It appears you have accomplished that.

charles

Sorry Charles but I do not have any amps or preamps in New York or nearby.

Cheers.
Steve Sammet (Owner, Electron Eng, SAS Audio Labs, Ret)
SAS "V" 39pf/m 6N copper ICs,
SAS Test Phono Stage
Acutex 320 STR Mov Iron Cart
SAS 11A Perfect Tube Preamp
SAS 25 W Ref Triode/UL Monoblocks
2 way Floor Standing Test Speakers