Author Topic: Ampzilla 2000 second edition  (Read 14341 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Ampzilla 2000 second edition
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 06:40:13 AM »
Hi Carl,

I haven't had much news to post lately.  I have been really anxious waiting for the repair of the ampzilla monoblocks.  The technician kept delaying me and in the end I had to write an official letter and give him a deadline to either fix the amps or return them to me.

Anyway, I collected them today from the courier and they appear to be working fine now.  Apparently the power supply wasn't configured correctly to Australian voltage requirements ie. 240 v 50 hz.  I also won't get into what happened between the dealer and manufacturer but I was definitely the 'meat in the sandwich'.

They do sound really nice but so does the Son of Ampzilla's.

Regards

Rod G

Glad to hear all is sorted out. About time eh. Next time use American Express and have the extra protection. They would have acted much faster.
  However all is well ENJOY!!!!./

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Ampzilla 2000 second edition
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 07:33:46 AM »
Glad to hear you got them back, Rod. Wow, what an ordeal. I am dismayed to hear that the manufacturer knew about your difficulty and left you dangling for so long. 

When you get them burned in I hope you'll share your impressions about the sound, at least in comparison to the Son. Thanks!  Did you get blue, or black?
Rich