Author Topic: Triode Wire Labs- American Speaker Cable  (Read 11231 times)

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Triode Wire Labs- American Speaker Cable
« on: December 06, 2013, 07:41:57 PM »
Hey guys,
Need a little help. I posted a review on Pete's speaker cable on Audio Circle and can't figure out how to copy it and paste it here. I would appreciate it if someone would put it in here.

Thanks
Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline dflee

Re: Triode Wire Labs- American Speaker Cable
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 08:37:58 AM »
I had been thinking of getting new speaker cable for some time now. Tried a couple out and found changes in the sound so I knew my system was up to the task.
Trying to figure out which direction I wanted to go, I found out Triode Wire Labs was working on an sc and felt that they were definitely something to listen to. Contacted the bottle washer and asked for the chief cook and got the same guy, Pete. Told him what I was trying to do and he set me up with a pair of six footers with the Cardas spades. While the cables were being built, I talked to him about a pair of jumpers to go with the cables in the hopes of keeping with one manufacturer for both. He set me up with a beautiful set of cables and jumpers.
It has taken a little time (less than 100 hrs) to come into their own but man I can't tell you how much they have changed my entire system. There were rumors of 400 to 500
hours to get them broken in properly but with Pete burning them in it has not been bad. Up front the mids and treble are just incredible but the bass took some time to come
into it's own.  The bass was there just not quite there. . It was pronounced though so I hoped it would develop and it has. The upper end surprised me as it improved also. These cables present an incredible sound stage. Let me rephrase that. These cables allow the speakers to create an incredible sound stage with depth and a clarity I didn't know my system was capable of. To say that my system has gone up a notch or two is an understatement There is no way I could have upgraded equipment to achieve this goal for the money spent on Pete's cables and through this change I realize my equipment is a lot better than I thought.
I have been running through a lot of music to put the cables through their paces and one in particular is a song from Buddy Guy on his Blues Singer album called Hard Times. In it there is a subtle reverb that some systems don't catch at all. I heard it and was astounded by how clear it is. Instruments have size and truthfulness in texture.
If you are debating or thinking about making changes in your system, I recommend trying a set of these out first. You may just find that you have a better set up than you
thought or you can bet that whatever you do after getting them, you'll know what that piece can give you. Besides if they were thought to be good enough to go on a 35k
pair of speakers and get Stone's Best at RMAF, they are definitely worth a try.
Thanks Pete for producing a synergistic cable that I have quickly come to love in the line up here in my humble abode.

Don

Worked today, wouldn't yesterday (what a difference a day makes)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 08:39:47 AM by dflee »
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 02:42:58 PM »
Thanks, Don! I appreciate your feedback!  :thumb:

Cheers,  :beer:
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 08:04:10 AM »
   Well those rumors of 400 to 500 are true. Total hours including Petes Karma cooking. They open up even more and the top end gets so natural its scary.
    To date GTA Audio Works, Apogee, Analysis, Lenehan, Soundfield, Von S, Pipedreams, Vintage Snells, Klipsh, Omega, Magnepan, Merlin, Paradigm and Nola speakers all have benefited from these cables. Thats impressive.
     I think it is time for some top notch connectors to be tried in the line. I would be curious to hear the difference over the all copper plug and IEC. Hint, hint.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline dflee

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 06:49:18 PM »
Hey Charles: Was going to pm you but decided this needs to be here cause in a way it is a continuation of my review.
I don't like it when proven wrong but in this case I am quite happy for it. Pete's wire was really good from the start and as I stated the bass was defined and I thought maybe the previous wire was accentuating the bottom end some. Finally got time to sit down and really listen with two hundred additional hours on em and daaaaamn. I started with Edgar Meyer "Bach Suites" on the double bass and it was there, all there with a sound I have not heard from my system before. Clear, detailed and depth of an instrument that I have only heard while playing next to it. Just incredible! I stayed with Bach Harpsichord Concertos on the Chandos label (excellent cd by the way) and confirmed my feeling that this is something special I have here. I can't thank Pete enough for his patience with me and for truly loving and believing in his pc and now sc.

Back to the music
Later
Don