Author Topic: USB cables  (Read 3615 times)

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
USB cables
« on: September 11, 2010, 12:43:56 PM »
Okay, guys...mostly out of curiosity, but certainly open to ideas...although, I don't see myself spending $1000 on an USB cable.

What 'after-market' USB cables have you either used, or heard, that you have added to your systems or would like to add to your systems??? Also, if you are using an 'after-market' cable, then what improvements did you notice, with said cable?

Thank you for any input which you might provide   :thumb:.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Bigfish8

Re: USB cables
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 01:56:02 PM »
Steve:

I am using the DB Audio Labs USB Cable with my Tranquility DAC.  Many owners of The Tranquility recommended the cable and therefore I purchased it with the DAC.  I cannot say how it compares to other USB Cables as I have no others to compare it to.

Ken

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 01:56:13 PM »
AN sponsor Locus Design Group has a line of well-reviewed USB cables. Carl sampled one of them last year and commented here on AN somewhere. Looks like they have 4 tiers for USB. Maybe one is expensive enough for your fine taste?

http://locus-design.com/interconnect.html

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 01:57:56 PM »

Offline stereofool

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 02:24:23 PM »
^
Thanks, Rich!

I was there for the USB cable shoot-out, but I wasn't sitting in an optimal seat, and my OLD ears seem to be much slower than those of you young pups  :rofl:...it seems to take me much longer to hear differences.

I'm kind of looking for the additional experiences of our bretheren from outside of our inner NC group, but certainly appreciate the input from anyone who can suggest different options.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline stereofool

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 02:35:44 PM »
Steve:

I am using the DB Audio Labs USB Cable with my Tranquility DAC.  Many owners of The Tranquility recommended the cable and therefore I purchased it with the DAC.  I cannot say how it compares to other USB Cables as I have no others to compare it to.

Ken

Ken,

Have you (just for giggles) ever compared how the Essential USB compares to your run-of-the-mill $1.99 USB cable??? 

If not, I would think it would be very interesting to do such a comparison...hint, hint  :lol:.
Steve