Author Topic: yoopie!  (Read 6661 times)

shep

yoopie!
« on: October 20, 2009, 11:23:34 AM »
Back to basics.....
Any day now I will be getting spkr cables and IC's from Coolcable. If that doesn't grab, then I give up!
A more pleasant gent to deal with is hard to imagine. I will be comparing and swapping between the latest Grover ic's and my soulful solid core OCCC wires. Should be interesting. Finish up your burnt meat and scurry back to you puters for updates when the maleman decides to grace my malebox.

Offline mboldda1

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: yoopie!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »
shep, which interconnects did you get?  i had the mandarinas at one time and enjoyed them very much.
marvin
Freelance Reviewer For StereoMojo  System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1162599347

shep

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 12:18:22 PM »
To be honest I don't know! They are a special order and I don't know where they fall in his product line. That's part of the fun...not knowing. The speaker cables are a pre-production version of a series that didn't happen. That's all I know.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 08:55:43 PM »
Hello Shep...

So not to confuse the viewer....and as you wait for your "malebox" to fill up... :rofl:

Its Kool Cables..... http://www.koolcables.com/

( A Texas favorite.... 8) )

shep

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 02:08:32 AM »
Thanks for the correction. I got carried away and didn't check my spelling. (which is where the original maleman/malebox thing came from) Figured you wise ones knew what I was talking about anyway. Of course in French, a mailbox is feminine, given as how it's a receptacle, and the mailman in this case is a guy who puts things into... (Carl don't ban me!) Cables are masculine. Had enough? Now where the H. are they? in the air? on the sea? on his workbench? on the cooker? In a yellow van (malewagon) on there way as we speak?

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 09:54:30 AM »
I know you're kidding.. but you'd have to try a lot harder than that, Shep.  It's not religion or politics. 
FYI.. 1 person has been banned in 2.5 years of our existence... mainly because they had a personal problem with another forum admin and continued to lambaste him in public.
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

shep

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 10:24:06 AM »
What??? Two and half years already?
PS I know you know that I'm kidding. The only banishment I have experienced is ones self-imposed.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:28:07 AM by shep »

shep

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 12:04:02 PM »
My new cables are sitting in my malebox and I'm 24hours and 300 miles away...imagine the state I'm in? No don't. Visiting a very nice lady friend  :yay2: so I'm actually not obsessing for a change.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 04:30:43 PM »
  I hope your not leaving her early to get your cables. Man law will not allow that. Nervosa vs Woman. Hmmmmmmm.  :rofl:

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

shep

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 06:10:29 PM »
nope. ;)

shep

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 10:26:17 AM »
Home and what do you think awaited me? A nicely packaged, vacuum sealed set of cables. The loud spkr ones are a bit short (which I knew) and I'm going to have to live with that I guess. I put in my new Kool cables ic's and because I have a cold, I can't really hear much so you'all gonna have to wait for a real report.

shep

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 01:46:50 PM »
I can't say anything about the custom IC that John made me but the prototype speaker cable kicks serious ass. Good by solid core. It's not even run in and it brought a whole new dimension into the mix: more air, more color, more solidity, better layering...the works. I shouldn't even be talking about this. It's not fair to John who doesn't (yet) make spkr. cables officially. This is strictly a Beta version and isn't for sale but if he gets tired of making interconnects, he has a solid future in spkr cables. It fits my system like a glove.
Whoever or wherever I heard about Koolcable (I think it was here) hats off and thanks. Ps it is a large white hose that looks like it could pull a trailer and I have to say my ice amp looks kind of silly tied to it. The things a mans gotta do.... :duh I should get an old Krell or something so it looks right!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 02:33:11 PM by shep »

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 02:51:55 PM »
Hi Shep,
Just found this thread, glad you're enjoying the speaker cables. I was going to tell you about the interconnects but guess I'll keep it from for a while!  :-$  Those interconnects will take a little while to settle down, they are of Silkworm ancestry so they are some moody cables!

I hope you're doing well over there. Keep us updated....

Best,
John

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 04:14:47 PM »
A friend upgraded from JPS SC3 to Kool Cables speaker wires, happy as can be.  :thumb:

Nice to have you hangin around Johnboy!

shep

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 11:44:11 PM »
Moody yes, but when they smile at you.... :thumb: