Author Topic: WBT nextgen RCA connectors  (Read 4320 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
WBT nextgen RCA connectors
« on: July 10, 2009, 06:35:11 AM »
  Hearing a lot of positive comments about these babies. Not cheap about $128 / pair. Some say like adding a new component. Veils being lifted and so on. Anyone here tried them yet ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: WBT nextgen RCA connectors
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:29:05 AM »
I have some WBT jacks, but not really evaluated them yet, using on the Behringer DCX analog inputs.   We are working on Sol's i60 integrated, he wants to get the inputs off the chassis, so we will be checking out the Vampire, WBT and DHLabs jacks.  Jacks don't cost $64 each at PE, at least not when I bought them.  Maybe some exotic metal plated version?

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:04:25 PM »
I just completed a direct test of the WBT 144's against the DH Labs Ultimate. Overall they were very close, with perhaps a slight edge to the DH Labs. They could be just a tad more open. Build quality and even design is very similar to the eye.

Bob
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:14:53 PM by BobM »
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 03:49:08 PM »
DHLabs is pure copper, and WBT is standard on the upper level JPS wires we all love so much.  Good stuff.

WBT and DH Labs also make nice jacks, that's what I thought you were talking about.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 07:22:01 AM »
I'm talking WBT Nextgen silver male and female RCAs . Sorry I was not clear.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.