Author Topic: Standards, Standards, Standards!  (Read 5389 times)

Offline shadowlight

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Standards, Standards, Standards!
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 03:57:18 PM »
That sounds like licensing issue where it runs for some time and stops working until you restart.  Are you still running the debug version of Jfemto?

As for Glider no clue on how it is supposed to behave.  The first one I tried for iOS based on recommendations of the HQPlayer author was mConnect and it worked right of the bat for me in my setup.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 04:32:46 PM »
Im onto something. What I am finding is that there is quite a bit of delay between requests from the iPad and response from the Femto server. If I give it a lot of time to respond im ok, if I jump the gun then I get the error messages. I have an iPad Air which isnt the newest bit should be good enough so i don't know where the delay is.

Also the app does disconnect from time to time. Then I have to reconnect to the server then the library which doesn't take a whole lot of time but is still a PITA. BTW, this is all with mConnect. Still have not gotten Glider to work but I think that is a Glider issue.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2018, 04:46:24 AM »
Don, Thats another Jim, I think  :D
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2018, 05:32:07 AM »
Post Mortem:
There were several factors that affected Jplay from working properly. Thanks to Shadowlight we got it working.

1) Laptop kept switching between 2 routers in the home depending on signal strength. This is a problem as everything must be on the same subnet for it to work.We forced the laptop to only connect to the correct router
2) We tried several Music Apps. They either didn't work at all, partially worked but screwed up metadata and cover art, or worked slowly. I have mConnect working and my paid for version of Glider does not work grrrr.
3)Network Latency: What I initially thought was a functionality problem ended up being a slow wireless network. I ran an ethernet cable to the laptop and was able to get a faster and more reliable set up. However, it is still a bit sluggish since the controller is wireless.

The sound quality is very good, clear and ultra detailed. But with that detail come a bit of an edge.

PC audio is not for the feint of heart.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2018, 05:28:36 PM »
Post Mortem:
There were several factors that affected Jplay from working properly. Thanks to Shadowlight we got it working.

1) Laptop kept switching between 2 routers in the home depending on signal strength. This is a problem as everything must be on the same subnet for it to work.We forced the laptop to only connect to the correct router
2) We tried several Music Apps. They either didn't work at all, partially worked but screwed up metadata and cover art, or worked slowly. I have mConnect working and my paid for version of Glider does not work grrrr.
3)Network Latency: What I initially thought was a functionality problem ended up being a slow wireless network. I ran an ethernet cable to the laptop and was able to get a faster and more reliable set up. However, it is still a bit sluggish since the controller is wireless.

The sound quality is very good, clear and ultra detailed. But with that detail come a bit of an edge.

PC audio is not for the feint of heart.

Well, that’s a Christmas present of sorts. Shadowlight is very pc/software savvy and very helpful as well
Nick
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 12:54:26 AM by Nick B »
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2018, 09:20:05 PM »
Absolutely. Glad that we have people in this hobby that help each other out. I can use mConnect for now buy I am asking the developer of Glider for assistance as to why his app doesn't work I noticed other people have issues with it as well when using it with JPlay