Author Topic: Classic and Rare Loesch & Wiesner Phono / Linestage Preamplifier  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
This is the classic Loesch & Wiesner phono stage and line stage. Hand-built, point-to-point wired, by Radio & Electronics genius John Wiesner, in a custom, powder-coated chassis. Powered with two (mono) General Radio 1201-B tube regulated power supply units. This bespoke preamp uses two 5842/417A (Western Electric) tubes, two 6GK5 (Mullard) tubes and two 5687 (Raytheon) tubes! Has noise-free battery bias along with resistive phono loading. Military grade power connectors provide solid power inputs! The unit is flawless and very high quality parts were used throughout its construction.

Being a tweaker’s dream, the last stage tubes (5687) can be substituted with 6DJ8, E88C, 6900, or similar variants! This will enable the listener to “fine tune” the sound to his or her personal taste. This can compensate for anomalies in the listening room or for differences in music or source. Choose a more aggressive sounding tube for rock, a more refined sounding tube for classical.

Extremely rare on the used market, this is John Wiesner’s personal preamp. Since he does not listen to vinyl any longer, he has decided to sell this renowned preamplifier.

Asking $2500 or best offer, which includes shipping (2 separate boxes - power supplies & control unit) within the USA only. Please PM with questions. Will be shipped from John Wiesner's Electronic Shop in Clifton Park, NY.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 04:50:43 PM by Triode Pete »
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: Classic and Rare Loesch & Wiesner Phono / Linestage Preamplifier
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 10:55:14 PM »
Great looking build work, Pete!  He does nice work.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 01:16:18 PM »
  Yes He does. The only one that beat this out cost 26K.  Someone buy this.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 02:21:58 PM »
Nice build quality. Was he formerly in the defense field? Looks like it was built by someone that work in Mil Spec. I love that since I came from the defense industry.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 02:57:35 PM »
Nice build quality. Was he formerly in the defense field? Looks like it was built by someone that work in Mil Spec. I love that since I came from the defense industry.

He was schooled as an electrical engineer in the U.K. and was trained by the U.S. military on proper layout & soldering techniques... I have NEVER seen better solder joints!

You should see his antique radio collection... All look brand-new (restored by him)...
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Innuos Statement Server
UberBUSS

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 04:45:22 PM »

He was schooled as an electrical engineer in the U.K. and was trained by the U.S. military on proper layout & soldering techniques... I have NEVER seen better solder joints!

You should see his antique radio collection... All look brand-new (restored by him)...

I'll have to examine, I think I can give him a run for the money, I was certified to Mil Std 2000 soldering. My wife is a QC inspector and inspects my work. (IPC 610). I love the way he forms the components and the jumpers are about as neat as you will ever see in point to point. Love it.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
SOLD!!
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Innuos Statement Server
UberBUSS