Author Topic: My Taket Batpro2 Super Tweeters Have Landed…  (Read 2289 times)

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
My Taket Batpro2 Super Tweeters Have Landed…
« on: September 24, 2021, 05:50:44 PM »
I am/was looking to add that last bit of ‘air’ to a system I truly enjoy. I just installed them this morning before heading off to work. I’ll be listening and breaking in this weekend. These are controversial as to how they work; I will report my findings as I listen.
Taket Batpro2 is one of several out there- Townshend Maximum Supertweeter is another, at more than 2.5 times the price.
Sopranino is another, at a significantly higher premium.
Let’s see what happens…
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
Re: My Taket Batpro2 Super Tweeters Have Landed…
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 03:20:27 PM »
Space helmet on Captain Video!
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 07:07:07 PM »
Space helmet on Captain Video!

Thanks for the laugh! Haven’t seen the honeymooners in reruns in many years 😔
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 07:11:24 PM »
any updates, james?  i have a pair of vintage pioneer ribbons that go out to 100khz, and are somewhere between 95-100db efficient.  but i've never tried them...

doug s.
The Panasonic/Technics leaf tweeters were extremely musical and very low distortion.  I used them for many years and wish I had never sold them.  They sounded best crossed over above 3.5KHz at at least 12dB/octeave.  the would make incredible supertweetrs in used properly.

If you don't want to use them, I'll buy them from you  :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 10:32:37 PM »
pi, i hang on to 'em because i have a horn set-up that i may actually put in the living room one day, and i now have the ability to use the tweeters, as i now can do an active 4-way x-over. and, these are the beryllium pioneers, not technics/panasonic.

but if you really want some; they're not that expensive - mine are either pt-r13a's or 14a's; i forget which; and they typically sell for $100-$200/pair.  (mine may only do 50khz?) the pt-r7's, which seem to be made specifically to be supertweeters, unlike like mine, which came in pioneer speakers, go for quite a bit more; but still somewhat affordable, at ~$500/pair.  there are others that are as expensive or more, depending on the series. (i'm not familiar with the technics/panasonic iterations.)

doug s.
any updates, james?  i have a pair of vintage pioneer ribbons that go out to 100khz, and are somewhere between 95-100db efficient.  but i've never tried them...

doug s.
The Panasonic/Technics leaf tweeters were extremely musical and very low distortion.  I used them for many years and wish I had never sold them.  They sounded best crossed over above 3.5KHz at at least 12dB/octeave.  the would make incredible supertweetrs in used properly.

If you don't want to use them, I'll buy them from you  :thumb:
Ahhhh, I see.

I'll have to check them out.

Panasonic has made some incredible stuff in the past.  Sounds like you have a good plan there, Doug  :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 02:48:43 PM »

doug s.
I wish I had a definitive answer Doug. They are staying, but I’d be hard pressed to give a reason why. I put my ear right up to them and don’t hear a thing. If I turn them all the way up, I still don’t hear them up close, yet I ‘sense’ a harshness.
I feel they lend a sense of air at the appropriate setting. They radiate to both front and back- perhaps the back wave is what lends the ‘air’ I believe I’m hearing. I find it best at one click below the recommended level- that level being the one that corresponds with the main speaker’s efficiency.
I’m not above thinking that I could be imagining the whole thing!
I also raised my speakers up a bit a while back, and I prefer the sound, though again I can’t put into words why that is. To be clear this was a separate endeavor 6 months prior to the tweeters.

Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0