Author Topic: The RIP Thread  (Read 47808 times)

Offline TrueAudio

• Seeking Help
Re: The RIP Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2020, 08:56:28 AM »
My Dad died 2 days ago, October 5, 2020.  He was 82 years old.  He was plagued by late stage Alzheimer's.

I was at his bedside and visited him every day during his last days.

I read the Word of God to him by his bedside, conveying to him the power of Jesus Christ, and that because my Dad prayed the sinners prayer asking Jesus to save him that my former pastor guided him through years ago, I reminded him that God cannot lie and will keep his promise, and he will be free of all disease, pain, and suffering forever, and will one day be given a new body, incorruptible.  Amen.

Dad, I miss you and will until the day I die.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 09:17:41 AM by TrueAudio »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2020, 10:37:04 AM »
  Our prayers are wit you. May your Dad rest in eternal peace in Heaven.

charles & jo ann rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2020, 11:13:54 AM »
My Dad died 2 days ago, October 5, 2020.  He was 82 years old.  He was plagued by late stage Alzheimer's.

I read the Word of God to him by his bedside, conveying to him the power of Jesus Christ, and that because my Dad prayed the sinners prayer asking Jesus to save him that my former pastor guided him through years ago, I reminded him that God cannot lie and will keep his promise, and he will be free of all disease, pain, and suffering forever, and will one day be given a new body, incorruptible.  Amen.

Mark,

I am very sad at this news.  I knew about you caring for him, moving to where he lived.  Knowing the depth of your Faith I am heartened to see that you were able to minister to him in so many ways.  I'm sure your words and prayers were a comfort to him and your reassurance of God's Faithfulness is exactly what he needed to hear and know.

Our prayers are with you and yours in this difficult time.  Time will bring comfort.  O lost my Dad in 1990 and 30 years have flown by.  I think of The Oldster every day and when I do I smile because of who and what he was to me.  I love him now more than ever.  Peace will come, Brother.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2020, 05:30:17 PM »
 Johnny Nash passed today.
Silky voice and first time I heard
Reggae.
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2020, 06:56:52 PM »

I’m so sorry to hear of your dad’s passing. I lost my dad when I was young, yet I think of him so often. Please know that, for me, your words also offer hope and comfort. You and your family are in my prayers.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline malloy

• no grave concern for repercussion
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2020, 10:15:22 PM »
I am very sorry to hear this. My condolences.

Offline malloy

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2020, 10:25:24 PM »
I have a great Michael Anthony, the jerk story.  I’ll post it if anyone is interested...

Please do.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2020, 02:48:41 PM »
I have a great Michael Anthony, the jerk story.  I’ll post it if anyone is interested...

Please do.
So my guitar luthier and bassist friend Ian Bannerman was at NAMM and in the cafeteria.  Sitting at the next table were Tony Levin and Lee Sklar talking over lunch... just sharing stories about Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins gigs they had played.

Michael Anthony walks in with two goons (body guards?) and he motions at the table Tony and Lee are sitting at.  They walk over and tell Tony and Lee "you guys are sitting at Michael's table."  Tony and Lee look at each other, shake their heads, laugh and ask Ian if they can sit with him.  The three had a great talk.

Talking about Anthony in the same conversation with Tony Levin and Lee Sklar is laughable at best.  My opinion.  8)
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline malloy

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2020, 10:55:27 PM »
OMG. What an overinflated sense of...Was this a recent NAMM or back when VH were "big"?  D-bags, every single Van Halen member from what I've read and heard!!!

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2020, 10:50:15 AM »
OMG. What an overinflated sense of...Was this a recent NAMM or back when VH were "big"?  D-bags, every single Van Halen member from what I've read and heard!!!
5 - 6 years ago when Anthony was playing with Chickenfoot.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2020, 09:31:34 PM »
Spencer Davis has passed at age 81.

The Spencer Davis Group with vocalist multi instrumentalist Steve Winwood gave us a lot of great music in the late 60’s... yeah, I’m old.  👴🏼
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:33:46 PM by P.I. »

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2020, 05:58:07 PM »
Another great gone: Tim deParavicini at age 75.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2020, 11:51:30 AM »
Four posts in a row

😕

The fat man with a Les Paul Junior - Leslie West : tone for days with his signature vibrato...

Damn.  Who is next?

Offline malloy

« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2020, 04:14:18 PM »
A very depressing 2020. Can't wait for it to be over in so many ways.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2020, 04:38:11 PM »
A very depressing 2020. Can't wait for it to be over in so many ways.
Yup.