Systemic Development > Speakers

An inch Here an Inch There

(1/4) > >>

rollo:
  Bought a laser measuring device to check my speaker location dimensions. Found that the left speaker was 3/4" off from being square to other speaker. there was a slight favoring of the sound from right side. Well not any longer.
  The fact that moving them a inch here and there to make it perfectly uniform the result was surprising. Better stage and imaging. Years ago when I had Maggies moving them a 1/2" changed the presentation. With that in mind I started moving them around from previous location. OMGoodness. What a difference an inch or two make. For me since I cannot move the Rethms out 6' from front wall I settled for 4'-6". Now at less than 4" BINGO. 
  Lesson ? If you think your speakers are positioned properly check them again. Ya never know.

charles

Brap:
Do tell the spacing you have on the Fritz.  I have roughly 40" from back wall, about 9 feet apart, listen about 9 feet from center.

rollo:

--- Quote from: Brap on January 16, 2020, 08:28:03 AM ---Do tell the spacing you have on the Fritz.  I have roughly 40" from back wall, about 9 feet apart, listen about 9 feet from center.

--- End quote ---

I have them 7'-6" center to center. Back of speaker 30" from front wall. I sit 8' away.

charles

Brap:
thanks Charles -- I have the ability to try that and will experiment.  Problem I have is right one has a wall, left does not.

Barry (NJ):
A few months ago, I was at a demo of Genesis Advanced Technologies Speakers, and designer Gary Koh demonstrated how changes as little as 1/16" could have an effect on imaging. One speaker was angled back 1/16" more than the other, and the image was not as detailed as when it was brought into sync with it's partner. Immediately, height information, that was missing prior, was added to the sound-stage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version