Systemic Development > Speakers

Meet the Magnetar speaker

(1/3) > >>

HAL:
The next generation open baffle planar speaker begins. Meet the Magnetar open baffle planar wide range speaker.

Have been working with a new push-pull planar driver that is designed for open baffle use. Using a test folded baffle design, and doing the digital crossover with the dspMusikLCD 2x8, this is the farfield response in my room with first reflections removed. Adding in some first reflections goes down to 200Hz for crossover to the 3x12" servo subs wing the Rythmik Audio HX300-12OB servo amp and GR-Research 12" OB servo subs..This is not a speaker sensitivity measurement calibrated to 2.83V output.

The frequency response is +/-2dB form 300Hz to 22KHz and will be better than that at the low end. The driver specs are 103dB/1w/1m on a standard test baffle.

Will be working on the production baffle and working with the new dspNexus digital crossover as they become available. These will not be DIY kit speakers as The Monoliths are.

The initial listening sessions are these will be a force to recon with!

Guy 13:

--- Quote from: HAL on November 24, 2019, 04:34:25 AM ---The next generation open baffle planar speaker begins. Meet the Magnetar open baffle planar wide range speaker.

Have been working with a new push-pull planar driver that is designed for open baffle use. Using a test folded baffle design, and doing the digital crossover with the dspMusikLCD 2x8, this is the farfield response in my room with first reflections removed. Adding in some first reflections goes down to 200Hz for crossover to the 3x12" servo subs wing the Rythmik Audio HX300-12OB servo amp and GR-Research 12" OB servo subs..This is not a speaker sensitivity measurement calibrated to 2.83V output.

The frequency response is +/-2dB form 300Hz to 22KHz and will be better than that at the low end. The driver specs are 103dB/1w/1m on a standard test baffle.

Will be working on the production baffle and working with the new dspNexus digital crossover as they become available. These will not be DIY kit speakers as The Monoliths are.

The initial listening sessions are these will be a force to recon with!

--- End quote ---

Hi HAL,
any pictures to come in a near futur ?

Guy 13

HAL:
Guy13,
Not until I have the production style baffles available.  Waiting on the test pair.

Guy 13:

--- Quote from: HAL on November 24, 2019, 05:14:36 AM ---Guy13,
Not until I have the production style baffles available.  Waiting on the test pair.

--- End quote ---

Thanks HAL.

:thumb:

Guy 13

Barry (NJ):
Cool

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version