Systemic Development > Speakers

Jupiter Copper Foil Paper and Wax Capacitors

<< < (4/4)

steve:

--- Quote from: Brap on January 23, 2021, 07:18:35 AM ---Big fan of Mundorf SGO's here.

--- End quote ---

I am testing 47uf EVO and EVO in oil (speaker crossover). Needed lots of break in and so far so good. Will be checking for any harshness/edginess as they are very revealing. I am going to use one or two in my upgraded Modi 2. I also need to test smaller values to see how they fare as I would use them in Future 10A/11A if I decide to restart manufacturing.

cheers

steve

Nick B:
Interesting, Steve. I’m curious how much more you can get out of your modded Modi 2

steve:

--- Quote from: Nick B on February 09, 2021, 11:39:35 AM ---Interesting, Steve. I’m curious how much more you can get out of your modded Modi 2

--- End quote ---

Nick, I had the Mundorf EVO caps in the speaker xover and they were excellent. I then removed and installed the pair in the upgraded Modi 2, in parallel with other ps caps, with good success, but again none in the speaker xover.

I may go exclusively Mun caps both in supply and output for consumers since I cannot get my favorite caps, but the sound of the smaller Muns will have to be spot on. If not, then I will not be offering an upgrade to other's Modi 2 dacs.

Right now, the sound is simply unbelievable. I don't even think about using any other dac.

I have reinstalled the EVOs back in my speaker crossovers, and have another new EVO pair coming mid week so
I will have Muns in both the xovers and Modi 2 (after breakin). The sound could be even better but could also be worse if the Muns are not near perfect.

I am being quite careful to gradually add Muns and note the effects.   

cheers

steve

ps. I updated my post since Nick posted #18 below.

Nick B:

--- Quote from: steve on February 13, 2021, 09:26:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: Nick B on February 09, 2021, 11:39:35 AM ---Interesting, Steve. I’m curious how much more you can get out of your modded Modi 2

--- End quote ---

Nick, I had the M caps in the speaker xover and they were excellent. I then removed and installed the pair in the upgraded Modi 2, in parallel with other ps caps, with incredible success. I may go exclusively Mun caps both in
supply and output for consumers since I cannot get my favorite caps, but the sound of the Muns will have to be
spot on, or I will stick with what I am using now.

Right now, the sound is simply unbelievable. I don't even think about using any other dac.

I have reinstalled the EVOs back in my xovers, and have another new pair coming mid week so
I will have Muns in both the xovers and Modi 2 (after breakin). The sound could be even better but could also be worse if the Muns are not near perfect. I am being quite careful to gradually add Muns and note the
effects.   

cheers

steve

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Steve. Amazing what can be done with an inexpensive DAC. Pls keep us posted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version