Electro Stimulation Ward > Power Conditioning

Receptacle Burn-In

<< < (2/3) > >>

jspivey:

--- Quote from: rollo on December 07, 2018, 11:31:53 AM ---
    If you want to install at Ref. I think it it is a wasted effort. If you can play 8 hours a day go that route. You can and will hear the break in process. I found that educational.
   As a dealer we need to break the new gear in before demonstrate them. After literally thousands of hours logged in break in we learned that before the said piece settles you will hear the worst then bliss, amazing but true.
    Hang in there. Nice gear BTW.

charles

--- End quote ---

I'm cool with listening to the break-in process..like you said, it's educational. I've never intentionally done anything special to break-in previous gear. I usually just plug it in, and play.

P.I.:
For general consumpion.  EVERY part that sees duty in any of my products is cryogenicall treated for 48-72 hours before I use them.  I get them in - they go to the cryo oven.  It's like chicken soup - couldn't hurt for what ails us.

Breal-in is a strange phenomenon and it varies greatly for different components.  Some are broken in in a few hours, some take hundreds of hours.  Much of this has to do with dielectrics in play.  PVC b reaks in the quickest, teflon takes the longest.  I have not been able to make a decision on wool, cotton or silk.  Airbound dielectrics seem to not have any break-in time.  Makes sense.  That is why I use organic fiber dielectrics whenever possible.

Rhodium is your bi-polar, paranoid schizophrenic junkie cousin.  Takes forever to break-in (300-600 hours) depending upon application.  It does have some great attributes like clarity, low noise and dramatic dynamics.    We travel quite a bit to see our family.  I have found that the GTX(R) NCF will regress over the period on a couple of weeks and then go through a short break-in when we return.  Bercause of this I plug 40W lightbulbs into those receptacles when we travel.  Keeps them happy.

Audio, my friend, is weird and so are we   :beer:

George Thorogood - "I know, everybody funny, now you funny too"

rollo:

--- Quote from: jspivey on December 07, 2018, 11:54:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: rollo on December 07, 2018, 11:31:53 AM ---
    If you want to install at Ref. I think it it is a wasted effort. If you can play 8 hours a day go that route. You can and will hear the break in process. I found that educational.
   As a dealer we need to break the new gear in before demonstrate them. After literally thousands of hours logged in break in we learned that before the said piece settles you will hear the worst then bliss, amazing but true.
    Hang in there. Nice gear BTW.

charles

--- End quote ---

Cool now play the same CD over and over and you will hear the changes.

charles

I'm cool with listening to the break-in process..like you said, it's educational. I've never intentionally done anything special to break-in previous gear. I usually just plug it in, and play.

--- End quote ---

DRN:
Yes, I just put one of the Furutech's in too.
2 weeks now. Just going to let it flow..........

Nick B:

--- Quote from: DRN on January 23, 2019, 01:31:28 PM ---Yes, I just put one of the Furutech's in too.
2 weeks now. Just going to let it flow..........

--- End quote ---

Keep us posted if you’re noticing changes through the breakin. Don’t think I own any Furutechs. Probably just P & S from Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version