Electro Stimulation Ward > Power Conditioning

Receptacle Burn-In

<< < (3/3)

mresseguie:

--- Quote from: P.I. on December 07, 2018, 03:29:35 PM ---For general consumpion.  EVERY part that sees duty in any of my products is cryogenicall treated for 48-72 hours before I use them.  I get them in - they go to the cryo oven.  It's like chicken soup - couldn't hurt for what ails us.

Breal-in is a strange phenomenon and it varies greatly for different components.  Some are broken in in a few hours, some take hundreds of hours.  Much of this has to do with dielectrics in play.  PVC b reaks in the quickest, teflon takes the longest.  I have not been able to make a decision on wool, cotton or silk.  Airbound dielectrics seem to not have any break-in time.  Makes sense.  That is why I use organic fiber dielectrics whenever possible.

Rhodium is your bi-polar, paranoid schizophrenic junkie cousin.  Takes forever to break-in (300-600 hours) depending upon application.  It does have some great attributes like clarity, low noise and dramatic dynamics.    We travel quite a bit to see our family. I have found that the GTX(R) NCF will regress over the period on a couple of weeks and then go through a short break-in when we return.  Because of this I plug 40W lightbulbs into those receptacles when we travel.  Keeps them happy.

Audio, my friend, is weird and so are we   :beer:

George Thorogood - "I know, everybody funny, now you funny too"

--- End quote ---

Oh. Geez. I have a TWL Obsession with NCF connectors that I bought from Pete last year that was nicely burned in by the time we left for Taiwan. I unplugged the day before we left. It will have just lay there for 3 1/2 months by the time I return. :shock:

How long will it take to get back in shape? [Sounds like physical therapy for me.]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version