Author Topic: Another Rega Apollo in the house  (Read 9552 times)

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Another Rega Apollo in the house
« on: April 01, 2007, 02:58:30 PM »
My friendly neighborhood Rega Dealer called me today and said that i could come down to his store and pick up a brand new Apollo in Black if i was interested. i was pissed of at him before for telling me that it would only take two weeks to get one and it has been just short of a month ,but when he called me today and when he said that he a new Apollo sitting there how could i resist ? i am listening to Kate Bush playing on the Apollo as i type this and i must say that this CDP has a very detailed yet organic presentation and with my silk dome Scanspeak tweeters i can not detect the slight tendancy towards siblance that a few of the reviewers noted. the bass delivery is ample and tight.  i was concerned that i would find that loading discs with the player in between the shelves on my rack would be problematic but there is more than enough room and it is very easy to do, even for my eleven year old daughter Courtney who cant decide if she likes the looks of the red display or not. For $995.00 this sweet little CD player is a tough act to follow. sometime later this week i will take delivery of a new fully modified Black Jolida JD100A CDP from H.R.A.M and after i burn in the JD100A i will do a comparison of the two players. thanks....WCW III
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 04:56:54 PM »
Looking forward to your comparison... as I'm sure you are as well.  Have you dabbled in computer audio at all?  I'd be curious to know how some of the better players are fairing against the audio PC these days.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 03:48:27 PM »
Quote from: "Carlman"
Looking forward to your comparison... as I'm sure you are as well.  Have you dabbled in computer audio at all?  I'd be curious to know how some of the better players are fairing against the audio PC these days.

-C
Hey Carl, i have never dabbled in computer Audio but i heard a Boulder modded SB2 at woodsyi's house in northern Va and it is something that i will be looking into in the near future
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 05:22:31 PM »
You'll love the convenience of networked music. But I think you'll find that Apollo compares well with any SB, modded or not. Both have their advantages, I keep the CD player connected even though I hardly use it. Maybe it is was a Rega Apollo I would use it  a LOT more!  :)
Rich