Author Topic: The Robert Cray Band  (Read 3387 times)

Black Sand Cable

The Robert Cray Band
« on: March 28, 2007, 07:55:11 AM »
I'm not much for reviews but I had to get this out there. Last night I had the pleasure of kicking back and listening to The Robert Cray band do there thing for close to 2 1/2 hours. This is the second time I have seen this band, the first being right around 12 years ago in Vancouver. As you would expect.....simply awesome! Outstanding show from start to finish and it was a pleasure to see that the band I enjoyed 12 years ago was exactly the same last night. No changes in Robert's line up.

He has mellowed a little since the first time I saw him (no horn section, classics like Smoking Gun are played a little slower etc) but the talent in this band and especially in Robert Cray is awe inspiring to witness.

In the last two weeks I have had the pleasure of seeing Megadeth, Black Sabbath and now Robert Cray. Megadeth was outstanding, Black Sabbath was in all honesty a huge disappointment and Robert Cray could have taught them all a thing or two!

:D

Offline mca

• Certifiable
The Robert Cray Band
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 11:26:47 AM »
I've always been a huge fan of Robert Cray, but never had the chance to see him live. Hope he has a gig planned in his hometown this summer.
Modwright Transporter, Ayon Spirit II Integrated, Daedalus Ulysses speakers, Running Springs Haley conditioner, Reality cables, Black Sand Violet PC's.

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
The Robert Cray Band
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 03:11:40 PM »
He's playing here in June.  Thinking of taking that in.