Electro Stimulation Ward > Power Conditioning

State of the Art Power-Conditioner

<< < (2/9) > >>

Folsom:
Inductors can work just fine (you don't see it often), but I don't see any indication that they know how to use them well enough to support anywhere near the amount of current that they will be using.

P.I.:
I have a friend that has a 5500VA Purity 240VAC>120VAC 12 outlet transformer for sale for $500.00.  It is in Hawaii, but will ship air freight to the buyer.

It is a behemouth.  If I can compress the pictures enough I'll try to post them here.

If anyone is interested PM or email me, please.

Folsom:
Doug,

You're right in the sense that particular one is thus... That doesn't mean something special cannot be made. I have plans for a power conditioner that would be about as special as possible. But it's going to cost as much as a Porsche.

dBe:

--- Quote from: Folsom on March 14, 2018, 09:11:19 PM ---Doug,

You're right in the sense that particular one is thus... That doesn't mean something special cannot be made. I have plans for a power conditioner that would be about as special as possible. But it's going to cost as much as a Porsche.

--- End quote ---
Jeremy, rock on.  So do I.  I love a worthy adversary.  That is what drives SOTA!  It might only cost what a Subaru cost, though.  :D

My original MajikBUSS power filters were designed for the local market, but that soon changed thanks to Danny Richie.  Since I built the originals I have made about 30 changes to get to where the Uber is now.  I've learned a lot since then, but the changes are too expensive to implement.  I priced the Uber at about a third of what I should have since it commonly replaces Adept Respone, Synergistic, Bybee, Audio Magic, Running Springs, etc, etc.  all of them are about $5K because they are pretty.  Up until now I have not build audio jewelry, just acceptably utilitarian cases to fit behind the rack.  That is soon to change.

I have learned that I have a tendancy to undervalue my talents and my products.  Don't do what I did.  Charge what it is worth.  Build it and they will buy it.

Folsom:
You do. It's tricky though, that pricing stuff...

Part of me wants to price so everyone can buy (although the parts don't really allow it). But then again it makes little sense in some ways because it'll be seen as disposable, or not valuable - and I'll dig myself a hole where I'm in debt because I can't achieve WalMart numbers.

When it comes to it, I really don't have a solution to make everyone happy. So I figure I'll try to offer DIY so that who ever doesn't have deep pockets can make their own, and the rest whom want to whine about not wanting to DIY or try to get a good enough job to buy the stuff... Well they're on their own.

I have a power conditioner I've been wanting to release that is about $2400-2500, and would need 4 orders upfront.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version