Author Topic: Fooling Around  (Read 2793 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Fooling Around
« on: November 17, 2022, 11:49:40 AM »
 Ok . Have the system dialed in. Speakers disappear. A linear presentation. Sounds great. But but can it sound different or better.
  You bet it can. I decided to start cable changes. First up Speaker cable. Had on hand Triode Wire Labs, Belden Iconoclast, Swiss Cable. Each one was VG yet all different. With the LSA WArp-1 Amp and Qln Prestige 1 speakers Belden won out. Then I decided to try different IC fron Pre to Amp. Now the Belden was not the best. It was TWL. Then power cable to Amp. A TWL 7+ stold the show. Plugged into Angela-Gilbert Young XF3000 power conditioner. Added another TWL 7+ from wall to conditioner. OMG.
  Pull out some of the cables you have and try them again. Ya never know what you lost with other changes you made.
 For me finding that magic synergy is worth the time. It does take time as each change requires settlement for a few days. Have fun.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Fooling Around
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 12:49:51 PM »
Sounds great, Charles. I’m so glad you have your system up and running after all that you have been through. I’m not surprised at all hearing how well the TWL power cords perform.

You mentioned a new power conditioner that I hadn’t heard of before. If you have time, I sure would like to hear more about it. Last I heard you were very pleased with the gigawatt line.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 01:52:35 PM »
Charles, thanks for the reminder that it's also time to clean all electric contacts.  Despite how good all my TWL cables and Uberbuss are, a good cleaning every 6 months or so works wonders.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 05:18:14 PM »
Charles, thanks for the reminder that it's also time to clean all electric contacts.  Despite how good all my TWL cables and Uberbuss are, a good cleaning every 6 months or so works wonders.
A friend of mine passed away some years ago and Gayle and I kind of took her under our wings for a while.  About 6 months after Ken's death, she called and said she wanted to sell his Naim system because it was sounding bad and didn't want to face repairs.

I went to her home, listened and cleaned every contact and tightened the binding posts on the speakers.  Instant smile on her face.  😁

Once again, I R&R every receptacle and switch in our home at least once a year, usually twice.  Most residential fires are caused by loose connections drawing too much current, baking the insulation and heat charring the framing.  Bad ju-ju.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe