Author Topic: Bleed Over  (Read 2937 times)

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Bleed Over
« on: August 16, 2022, 11:44:31 AM »
First off I'll admit "I am a dumbass" when it comes to a number of topics.
That's why I have an immeasurable amount of respect for those of you who know this stuff.
Can a digital cord coax RCA connection or BNC if not insulated properly right and left channel effect each other? I'm trying out a new coax and have never heard what I can only explain as like an incredible separation between channels. Noticed it a little through the speakers but through headphones the separation was almost dizzying.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: Bleed Over
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 11:57:04 AM »
First off I'll admit "I am a dumbass" when it comes to a number of topics.
That's why I have an immeasurable amount of respect for those of you who know this stuff.
Can a digital cord coax RCA connection or BNC if not insulated properly right and left channel effect each other? I'm trying out a new coax and have never heard what I can only explain as like an incredible separation between channels. Noticed it a little through the speakers but through headphones the separation was almost dizzying.

Don
That is not how digital works.  There are not separate left and right digital signal/channel paths.  More than likely you are listening to a very quiet (low noise floor) coax cable.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Bleed Over
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 12:35:52 PM »
  What Dave said.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.