Author Topic: Princeton NJ - Gathering - October 1st, 2022 - POSTPONED to Future TBD Date  (Read 6454 times)

Offline shadowlight

POSTPONED to Future TBD Date

It has been a long time since I logged on to AN, so apology for going silent over the last year and half.

I am hosting an event on October 1st at my place.  If you would like to attend post in the thread or let me know via PM so I can keep a running tab on number of folks attending. 

Start Time: 1pm (As usual, I will have snacks ready with lunch around 2pm or so)
End Time: 6/7pm (will confirm as we get closer)

Family Room Setup: Tobian12FH, Westminster REI Amplifier, Lampizator Horizon DAC, Amber Amp
Basement Setup: Pure Audio Project Trio15 Horn (working on getting hold of Voxativ drive, baffle and crossover), Lampizator GG2, Vinnie Rossie LIO Integrated
Spare Bedroom Setup: Pure Audio Project Trio10, Onix Integrated amp, Amber4 DAC

We can swap equipment around as we used to during the RAVE hay days after 5pm in basement and spare room setup.  So if you are attending and would like to bring equipment around to swap in and out feel free to bring it with you.  Basement and spare room setup is mostly my setup with Amber 4 in the spare room provided by Lampizator America team who will be using the family room to show case their offering.

Covid Protocol: I will have mask available for folks who would like to wear one but anyone attending the event is attending at their own risk.  I am not responsible for  anyone catching Covid or any thing else.

The usual rules about taking shoes off  (house slippers are ok), no alcohol or meat applies.

Hoping to see folks on Oct. 1st.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 12:53:14 PM by shadowlight »

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
Re: Princeton Gathering - October 1st, 2022
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 06:44:56 PM »
No no raves go until midnight
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 06:53:41 PM »
No no raves go until midnight

We can keep going until everyone drops but we might lose one room earlier  :)

Offline ejk

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 06:55:11 PM »
Just heard  A small clip of the Tobian speaker on YouTube they sound amazing
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 09:21:26 PM »

It has been a long time since I logged on to AN, so apology for going silent over the last year and half.

I am hosting an event on October 1st at my place.  If you would like to attend post in the thread or let me know via PM so I can keep a running tab on number of folks attending. 

Start Time: 1pm (As usual, I will have snacks ready with lunch around 2pm or so)
End Time: 6/7pm (will confirm as we get closer)

Family Room Setup: Tobian12FH, Westminster REI Amplifier, Lampizator Horizon DAC, Amber Amp
Basement Setup: Pure Audio Project Trio15 Horn (working on getting hold of Voxativ drive, baffle and crossover), Lampizator GG2, Vinnie Rossie LIO Integrated
Spare Bedroom Setup: Pure Audio Project Trio10, Onix Integrated amp, Amber4 DAC

We can swap equipment around as we used to during the RAVE hay days after 5pm in basement and spare room setup.  So if you are attending and would like to bring equipment around to swap in and out feel free to bring it with you.  Basement and spare room setup is mostly my setup with Amber 4 in the spare room provided by Lampizator America team who will be using the family room to show case their offering.

Covid Protocol: I will have mask available for folks who would like to wear one but anyone attending the event is attending at their own risk.  I am not responsible for  anyone catching Covid or any thing else.

The usual rules about taking shoes off  (house slippers are ok), no alcohol or meat applies.

Hoping to see folks on Oct. 1st.

Just heard mention of the Trio 15 on Steve Guttenberg’s site. Had not heard of Pure Audio Project previously. Have fun! 🎶
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 04:49:33 AM »

Please sign and return prior to attending :)

https://www.jotform.com/build/222412811200133
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 04:51:17 AM by Emil »
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 06:41:30 AM »

Please sign and return prior to attending :)

https://www.jotform.com/build/222412811200133

:rofl:

So are you planning to attend?

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 06:49:50 AM »

Just heard mention of the Trio 15 on Steve Guttenberg’s site. Had not heard of Pure Audio Project previously. Have fun! 🎶

For me the advantage with PAP speakers is that they are modular.  I have the frame for both trio15 and quintet15.  Add two more woofers and you have a quintet, remove two and you have trio.  Change the horn for one of the other fullrange drivers with crossover components and you have a brand new speaker.  I am working on getting a Voxativ AC1.6 or PiFe (is the preferred one but are hard to come by) for the event so we can compare the horn v/s voxativ setup in the same room and equipment.  The best that I have heard in that is the Voxativ Fieldcoil when VPI hosted an event at their facilities in NJ, but its too rich for my blood to acquire.

Edit: Do I have to do anything different to receive notification around new replies or PM other than the have notification turned on for the thread?  I did enable notification on the thread but so far no message related to the thread or a PM that I received.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 06:59:23 AM by shadowlight »

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2022, 09:25:46 AM »

For me the advantage with PAP speakers is that they are modular.  I have the frame for both trio15 and quintet15.  Add two more woofers and you have a quintet, remove two and you have trio.  Change the horn for one of the other fullrange drivers with crossover components and you have a brand new speaker.  I am working on getting a Voxativ AC1.6 or PiFe (is the preferred one but are hard to come by) for the event so we can compare the horn v/s voxativ setup in the same room and equipment.  The best that I have heard in that is the Voxativ Fieldcoil when VPI hosted an event at their facilities in NJ, but its too rich for my blood to acquire.

Edit: Do I have to do anything different to receive notification around new replies or PM other than the have notification turned on for the thread?  I did enable notification on the thread but so far no message related to the thread or a PM that I received.

Thanks for the explanation. Very interesting concept and simple as well. As to your question, you should be able to, but I can’t figure out how to do that yet. Am sending an email to Jeremy
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline toobluvr

• Certifiable
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2022, 11:24:12 AM »
Would love to hear those speakers!      :drool:

Makes me wish I still lived in the NYC metro area....almost!   :rofl:
Spkrs: Sunny Cable Tech, Reynaud, Zu, Klipsch, Gallo subs, Wharfedale
TT1: Townshend Rock 3/OL Silver Mk3A
TT2: OL Aurora/OL Encounter Mk3C
Carts: Soundsmith Zephyr,  Music Maker 3, Dynavector xx2-Mk2, Shelter 501
complete: see Sunnydaze system on AC

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2022, 03:27:37 PM »

Thanks for the explanation. Very interesting concept and simple as well. As to your question, you should be able to, but I can’t figure out how to do that yet. Am sending an email to Jeremy

D….Jeremy pointed out there’s a “Notify” button down at the bottom of the page. That should do it. I’m assuming that’s a one time function because every time I start a thread, I always get notifications automatically.

Also this per Jeremy…
Also if you click "attachments and other options" under a reply before submitting there is a notify checkbox.
Nick
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 03:29:50 PM by Nick B »
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2022, 06:52:07 AM »

D….Jeremy pointed out there’s a “Notify” button down at the bottom of the page. That should do it. I’m assuming that’s a one time function because every time I start a thread, I always get notifications automatically.

Also this per Jeremy…
Also if you click "attachments and other options" under a reply before submitting there is a notify checkbox.
Nick

Edit: I found the notifications in my junk folder  :duh
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 06:53:54 AM by shadowlight »

Offline ejk

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2022, 08:22:20 AM »

Also this per Jeremy…
Nick

Edit: I found the notifications in my junk folder  :duh

Yes all my AN notifications end up there even when I mark it not spam

Offline steve

• Audiologist
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2022, 02:54:03 PM »
Is that Princeton, NJ Shadow?

cheers

steve
Steve Sammet (Owner, Electron Eng, SAS Audio Labs, Ret)
SAS "V" 39pf/m 6N copper ICs,
SAS Test Phono Stage
Acutex 320 STR Mov Iron Cart
SAS 11A Perfect Tube Preamp
SAS 25 W Ref Triode/UL Monoblocks
2 way Floor Standing Test Speakers

Offline ejk

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2022, 12:24:19 AM »
Is that Princeton, NJ Shadow?

cheers

steve

Yes