Author Topic: Can we get steve to build us a preamp?  (Read 772 times)

Offline GDHAL

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • All we need is music, sweet music
Re: Can we get steve to build us a preamp?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2022, 03:02:07 AM »
Maybe you should change the name to Nostradamus then.
Predictions mean nothing and unless you’ve got something
Decent to say. Never mind.

I did and still do have something decent to say. If you read back through the threads (not implying you haven't, just if you do) you'll note that I offered my email to be disseminated proactively to however many customers (could be half the population on the planet for all I know) the unmentioned designer has. That too wasn't good enough. I think that's "decent" of me.

EDIT: I'll add that my reaching out proactively *is* decent. Granted, I haven't said it, just wrote and did it.

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention the myriads of live recordings I make available for folks upon request. Free of course, irrespective that the time I spend preparing such music for download could be applied elsewhere. I am proficient at multitasking though. In the case of the designer alluded to in this thread, I went even further by providing my show list of the artist that *he* is interested in, instead of having him peruse my website. I think that too is decent. That was met by a snarky remark having to do with potential copyright infringement.   

For your own part in all of this dflee, why not post at more timely points along the way and contribute in a positive manner, as I have, instead of coming out of the proverbial woodwork? That too would be decent.

Best.

Hal
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 03:47:03 AM by GDHAL »
GoldenEar Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
http://halr.x10.mx/other.html

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2022, 09:16:12 AM »
No remote. No sale.
More of a necessity now with those who primarily stream.

Now now Emil. Our Lamm Customers do not complain. You need to get off your arse and stretch. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline doug s.

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2022, 09:27:24 AM »
in all seriousness, the problem i had, before i went to remote control volume, is that i frequently had to get up 2 or 3 times to adjust the volume before i got it where i wanted, cuz you can't hear what it sounds like from where you're listening. i don't care how good it sounds, it's not worth the hassle... especially when there's equally good sounding gear that has remote volume control.

source control? i have it in my present set-up, but it's not a req and didn't enter into my buying decision; i hardly ever use it - when i want to change sources, it's a one-shot deal.

ymmv,

doug s.
No remote. No sale.

Now now Emil. Our Lamm Customers do not complain. You need to get off your arse and stretch. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2022, 12:28:52 PM »
  I do cartwheels from my seat to the dual volume controls. Then a split into my chair on the way back. Elvis was impressed. Thak ya thank ya very much.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2022, 01:24:29 PM »
No remote. No sale.

charles

I hear ya :lol:

I sometimes change volume between tracks on the same album. All depends on the music.
Also, the output on Tidal and Quboz tracks can vary greatly from one track to another
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline doug s.

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2022, 05:29:22 PM »
pics/video, or it never happened.  even once, let alone 2-3 times to get the volume just right... ;)

even when i saw elvis live in concert at the end of april 1977, a few months before he died, i don't think you could've done it.  :D

doug s.

I do cartwheels from my seat to the dual volume controls. Then a split into my chair on the way back. Elvis was impressed. Thak ya thank ya very much.

charles

Offline steve

• Audiologist
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2023, 04:14:28 PM »
"especially when there's equally good sounding gear that has remote volume control."

I have not found another preamplifier that is perfectly accurate. I have not found a perfect preamplifier
that uses new tubes standard. The future is using new tubes, Not NOS.

Of course in typical systems, the 11A might sound the same as some others. But not top tier systems.

Ultra verve comes chose if I remember correctly, but can't remember what NOS tubes are used. Herron
vtsp 1A is quite good as well, but again don't know what NOS tubes were used.

cheers

steve
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 04:29:47 PM by steve »
Steve Sammet (Owner, Designer, Electron Eng, SAS Audio Labs, Ret)
SAS "V" 39pf/m 6N copper ICs,
SAS Test Phono Stage
Accutex 320 iii STR Mov Iron Cart
SAS 11A Perfect Tube Preamp
SAS 25 W Ref Triode/UL Monoblocks
2 way Floor Standing Test Speakers